It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Christian Vote for Obama? or Why was I accosted by an Apocalyptic film maker?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I STAND WITH YOU. I SEEK GOD'S WORD EVERYDAY AND McCAIN SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME. I STAND AGAINST MY CHURCH LEADERSHIP MY WHITE MOM, MY BLACK WIFE, AND MY WHITE BROTHERS AND HIS FAMILY. THEY ARE ALL FOR McCAIN PRIMARILY BECAUSE OF HIS STANCE ON PRO LIFE. THERE ARE FALSE PASTORS ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT TRANSFORM THEMSELVES AS MESSENGERS OF LIGHT. McCAIN IS UP TO NO GOOD. HIS ADVERTIZEMENTS AND SPEAKINGS ARE DECEITFUL AND DISGRACEFUL TO CHRISTIANITY. OBAMA IS NOT FOR ABORTION OR SAME SEX MARRIAGE. HE JUST DON'T WANT TO ENACT LEGISLATION THAT PENALIZES OTHERS OR TAKES AWAY THEIR RIGHTS. JESUS WAS A FRIEND OF SINNERS. I THINK GOD IS CALLING US TO LOVE THEM, NOT PUNISH THEM. I THINK ETERNAL DAMNATION IS ENOUGH SUFFERING FOR THOSE WHO DISHONOR GOD WITH THEIR ACTIONS.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
For my two cents I'd toss out a few things..

I'd think a Christian can vote for whoever they please.

Just like a Mars bar, the world is just chock full o' mixed nuts.
Some left-wing nuts, some right-wing nuts and some just plain ol' nuts.

As for a "real Christian" - I am often brought back to consider the words of the late George Jones. Who in his song "Would They Love Him Down in Shreveport?" ask the questions:

If they saw Him talk with ease
To the junkies, whores, and thieves,
Would they love Him out in Wichita today?
Would the rich men think it funny
If He said give up your money?
Would they love Him up on Wall Street today?

Sure - its a hokey country song but its a dang valid question and one that always springs to my mind when I meet someone like that.

<< 1  2   >>

join