It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to talk with nonbelievers about your beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I believe in a god but I don't haven't decided on any one religion yet. I think that it would be safe of me to say that a lot of scientists are nonbelievers. I feel that if I talk about my religious values like faith to other people who are strongly against any such kind of religion even if it's just belief in god and not in religion that I will face strong opposition to my beliefs.

If I mention a claim about faith I feel that the scientist whom I might be discussing with (if I were to talk to a scientist) may try to offer a natural explanation for the feeling or occurance that I am talking about or that the scientist may simply just not relate to what I am talking about and just ignore what I say because what I say contradicts their beliefs. I also feel my views are incompatible with science. I do like science, and talking about science, but I see that many people in science don't like mixing science with theology, and may not believe in the concept of a soul. So what do you do when you talk to people who just simply scoff at an idea of yours because it contradicts their belief?

new topics

join