It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How i almost just got jumped...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So i went out to dinner, to the exotic drive thru resturant of In-n-Out burger...

The people in front of me, got thier food, and then parked in the parking lot to eat. I get my food and drive past them.

As i am drving past them, i see a bunch of garbage fly out of thier Car... so i say...

"Hey, don't throw your garbage out into the parking lot"

He says.. "Huh, oh, dat was dere already..."

i Say, "Bro, i just saw you throw garbage out of your door"

he says, "Ah, its just a napkin"

So, i then circle around the parking lot, AROUND them, park behind them, get out and pick up thier Garbage... the guy loses it...

He jumps out and says, "What u doing white boy?"

Me, "Im picking up your garbage bro, why are you freaking out"

He then says thinkgs that are so againt the T&C, ill get Recap, "You dumb white SOB..."

so i say, "Quit throwing your garbage on the ground, you worthless SOB, and mabye people wouldn't have to go around all day cleaning you (Blank) up..."

with that i got back in my car, with HIS garbage, and drove away, as he screamed all kinds of Obcenities at me, infront of, i am presuming his kids...

Im pretty sure if i would have stayed 10 more seconds, im sure we would have gotten into a fight...

Now, i could go into some other details, about who this was, and who else was in the car with him, and what his bumper stickers said and everything... but i think i got my point across, and you guys are smart enough to see what was going on here...

Anyway... just rambling... the whole thing got my blood flowing...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry about that bro. Its those things that drove me from the city life.

Do you mind me asking where you live?

In the end, there isn't much to say that I would be comfortable saying outside a private convo, but its just a bad apple among many that makes certain sets of people unappealing to be around in public.

Tough emotions to deal with, cause I know how you feel, but you just have to get over what these situations can do to your psyche. You might find yourself giving people a hard time without realizing it just because of this ***hole.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I live in Northern California, outside of the State Capital, Sacramento, in a College town of Davis...

This is a very nice little place...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Those kinds of incidents are good ones for practicing your temper control and ability to remain calm.

They're not condition red situations, because the guy isn't trying to mug you or anything but they're arousing enough to get your juices flowing (which is what you need to learn control).

Now, this may sound odd, but I think it's a skill worth learning.

For one thing you function better when you're cool and slightly detached. You don't succumb to the tunnel vision, you can practice your peripheral vision control, look around you, stay alert and unfocused, check your six, check the terrain - all the things you'd want to do if it were condition red.

That way you can carry that awareness and 360 degree perception into more hostile events.

It appears that you were already doing some of that by cooly picking up the trash for him. So good job on that.

I had to learn to be this way due to riding my bike on a trail with a lot of dogs and stuff, and it took me about 2-3 months to really get it down. (but if you don't practice you lose the ability).

Anyway, 2 cents. Good story!

top topics

join