It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What McCain said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If elected, McCain to start a 3 war in Pakistan?

McCain added that special attention must be paid to Pakistan, "where terrorists today enjoy sanctuary." He called for the strengthening of local tribes that are willing to fight terrorists there, as well as greater nonmilitary assistance to the civilian government.

What he said

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Ok...

I read the entire article.. Two times...

Where did McCain say anything about a war in Pakistan?

Semper

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No, what will get taken care of is the biggest pressing problem on everyone's mind...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hot Water or Dope...

It really is our choice.

Semper

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
All I'm saying is Pakistan is a weak link and honestly if some people favored the war in Iraq, then maybe there shouldn't be no problem in reconstructing the Pakistan government to aid the war on terror.

WASHINGTON - Sens. Joseph Biden and Richard Lugar said Tuesday they will push bipartisan legislation this year that would triple humanitarian spending in Pakistan but threaten to cut military aid unless Islamabad does more to fight terrorists.

All im saying if Pres Bush went after weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Why cant we go for weapons of mass as well in Pakistan....

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, based on some stuff I read on the web, but never got around to investigating...

Zbigniew Brzezinski is Obamas foreign policy advisor, and he feels the same way, he thinks Iraq was not such a good move, and going into the autonomous mountain border regions in Pakistan would be more fruitful, as that is where the camps and extremists are believed to be.

One of Brzezinskis sons is working for McCain, possibly in foreign policy too (I think the name was Ian or Mike), so if that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me too much for the son to have similar views to his father, and perhaps he is pushing these onto McCain.

[edit on 15/7/2008 by bobafett]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett

Zbigniew Brzezinski is Obamas foreign policy advisor.

One of Brzezinskis sons is working for McCain, possibly in foreign policy too (I think the name was Ian or Mike), so if that is the case, it wouldn't surprise me too much for the son to have similar views to his father, and perhaps he is pushing these onto McCain.

neat bit of info, i was not aware of this until just now.

its kinda of scary to just how close polititions really are, seems no matter which way we take we are gonna end up in the same place. well on this subject anyways..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
heh, yeah, with papa brzezinski with obama, a son with mccain, and a daughter on the tv news (mika), the family has got it sown up!

new topics

top topics

join