It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists link kidney stones to global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Scientists link kidney stones to global warming

www.tucsoncitizen.com

Global warming could do more than hurt polar bears: It could force a rise in kidney stones, scientists warned Monday.

"We see a relationship between kidney stones and temperatures everywhere," says study co-author Margaret Pearle of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. "Even in places with air conditioning, warmer temperatures mean more stones."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Global warming has now officially become my personal equivalent to the 9/11 theorists "false flag" terrorism fear mongering by the government claim. Every ailment, affliction, disease, fluke weather pattern, fractional degree change from the "normal", bad growing season, biological change known to man has now been charged at one point or another to the specter of global warming.

I love how, when you have an especially brutal and cold winter the tune suddenly changes to "Well, global warming was actually a misnomer... what we're talking about is global climate change." Yet then they happily turn around and play the old global warming card for changes to artic ice and now even kidney stones.

We know what causes kidney stones, and it isn't the heat. Flouride in the damn water and in the air is the leading cause, and as much of the Southeast uses Sulfur Fluoride for termite control and many of the Mississippi river states were among the first to fluoridate their water, it only makes sense they have higher rates of kidney stones.

www.tucsoncitizen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well actually GW can be also linked with heart attacks, car crashes , crime and what not. After all - it is statistics, very hard to recieve result opposite to wanted one if integrity is lacking (of course not in this case).
However i fail to see how fluoride is connected to stones in kidneys? Never heard that there were fluoride stones. Are you sure?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
haha, sounds like a new game the scientests are playing: see what you can link to global warming

Is this seriously a joke? Dont they have anything bettter to do? I mean come on, now the science community its just grabbing at straws.

-fm

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

www.fluoridealert.org...

The journal Urological Research found kidney stones were 4.6 times more prevalent in areas classified as having high fluoridization in the water supply.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thank you. Personally not so convinced, but non the less - first time i hear about such a possibility. Maybe fluoridation is also "linked to global warming"?

top topics

join