It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Dead Thread" Thread; AKA "Prophet Yahweh Stole My Thunder!!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
"It's a Conspiracy, no one is reading my threads!!!"

Okay, we've all seen them. The smart-mouth thread titles that usually preclude a diatribe from the OP, lamenting the fact that their respective threads are being ignored in lieu of some other thread that the OP deems to be unworthy of more attention.

I admit to once birthing such a thread, more as a social observation, and was smacked in the mouth for it. (so this is not an attack!)

I have learned that as one spends more and more time at this site, they will not only learn the makings of a compelling thread, (as well as gain a reputation
) But they will see that sometimes things will just slip through the cracks. Also, look back at those same threads you profess didn't gain fair exposure, and note that they have all garnered at least a hundred page views by now.

My point? I understand the frustration of both authoring ignored threads, and watching threads die that I had an interest in, but lacked the knowledge to help further it any.

That said, I think that in the name of solving this "conspiracy" to keep the cream at the bottom, the one that so many have complained about, we should have a solution.

And as my Dad always said, don't complain about something you don't have at least one solution for.

I call this the "Dead Thread" thread. Very simple rules. Please provide a link to a thread that you feel did not garner enough attention. Please limit it to threads that you did not author, (this is not a self promotion thread) but did make a contribution to. (Otherwise, how can you say it deserved attention?) Please provide a short description of that thread. (So we know why to look!)

I think that the goal would be to draw attention to well researched threads, even if you did not understand all the research, as opposed to threads that, like, um, like, wonder what is happening with that super collider thingie?

I would hope that this thread would avoid the common chit chat, and that you would star a post that has a thread you enjoyed.

I will start with two threads I enjoyed.

A Personal Account of the Battle at Iwo Jima

Thread authored by tjack

This thread involves the written accounts of PFC Fred Schribert USMC, while on Iwo Jima. The OP called it "a riveting account of life on the island...", and boy was he right!

The second thread,

Skyfall, or, Was Chicken Little Really Crazy?

Thread authored by NGC2736

A wonderful thread concerning the imminent impact of our planet by meteors. This thread details the concerns of the scientific community!

So there's my idea ATS. You can Flag this or ignore it, it's up to you. But if I see one single "Robbie Williams Confirmed 9/11 was Orchestrated by Prophet Yahweh", I'm writing a bitter thread detailing my idea that this was all a plot by Springer to get even with me. (for what? I haven't gotten that far yet)

Yours truly, Jason

( For the Mods, I thought this an appropriate area, as it deals with the many conspiracies that often end up here... If not, maybe dis-info? Thanks)

Edit for thread title

[edit on 15-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

Just to clarify, for the benefit of others, and to promote your "Dead Thread", a short description would serve to better generate interest.

Thanks, Jason

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So..... 200 thread views and only one response?

I will only bump once, I promise...

Lets go ATS, you all complain so much as it is...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We once had a THREAD KILLERS club for those who watch their thoughts die on the boards. I think at last count, there was a THREAD KILLERS v2.0 out there.
Maybe it's time for a v3.0. you could be this year's rep.

You have my nomination.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

As long as thats not sarcasm.... I just don't think anyone is that into this thread though, But thanks anyway!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would like to point to this thread by "Camilo1" about an amazing UFO-case:

The Canary Island Alien Sphere, outstanding case

This case is important because it had multiple witnesses, both civilian and military, it was seen in different places and it is one of the few times were we have a descrption of the INSIDE of the ship.

It lasted for over 40 minutes The UFO was observed in Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera, Grand Canary and by a ship at sea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No sarcasm my friend.
I know how it feels to put a thread together only to have it passed over.
After a while you have to wonder if maybe you aren't interesting enough.
When I think it through, though I know it is just a matter of right place right time.

keep posting Jason

top topics

join