It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Watch List Hits One Million Names

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
What we ran out of Iraqis?
So now I am, and your neighbors are the 'new' terrorists.
Does anyone else find this problematic.

Of course - we are supposed to find it problematic...it is designed to intimidate the population at large....think about it - if there were a few hundred or even a few thousand names on that list it could be looked at as a true "preventative" measure designed to capture the "enemy" in the act - but with a million names its purpose is much broader - its to let the citizens know that they are controlled, survieled, to encourage passivity....To put it crudely - its the alpha dog pissing on his underlings territory to let them know whose boss...These kind of tatics have the effect subduing, encouraging conformity, creating a climate of acceptance, and those who have a problem with it make themselves that much more identifiable and easier to deal with should the need arise...Stalin would have approved, of this I am 100%sure...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The real terror list should be composed of bush and all his friends' names if you ask me. They use scare tactics to envoke the backing of the people. The harm they have brought this country is immense, beyond a degree of extremes. Successfully collapsed our economy, started a totally unnessicary war. If anyones names should be on any kind of terror list it should be thiers.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh dear!

I hope i dont get turned down at the airport because i post here

This is incredible!!!!

I drive wherever I have to go. The airlines, the government and everyone else associated can go to hell.

I am not having my genitalia xrayed and viewed by some 6.50 an hour uneducated mush mouthed jerk in a TSA shirt at an airport like this benefits my security.

After all, you never know when more people with boxcutters are going to decide to take over planes and crash them into buildings again....and then show up alive a few years later.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by metamagic

He, he, this is not a terrorist list it sounds like Nixon drity black book.

I bet Bush has his own personal black book too.

Rofl Marg! The midnite calls to the unwary. Do you have Sir Phillips in a can? I was at an Indians ballgame once in the 'old' stadium where I saw Floyd, Genesis, and UFO. Yep, I'm an old geezer.
The announcer was tricked into announcing 'is there a Vageena something or another...please report to...
LMBO!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is there any place to veiw the actual list??

I'm Canadian, and I've been having a huge hassel trying to get my pasport updated, so I'm wondering if I might be on this list. I don't know why, other than I speak out against the Bush admin. I'd really like to see the list, check if my names on it....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Apparently you have to buy some program/software.

Terrorist Watch List Software

But it does say you can "Try it Free for 30 days!"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by LLoyd45

I applied for this software. Apparently you're supposed to be a business, but oh well. What do they know right?

How in the world can 1 million people be on a terrorist watch list? Does this only pertain to US citizens and if so, I thought we were supposed to be protecting Americans from foreigners not ourselves?

1 out of 300 people in this country is not a terrorist, I'm sorry. Anti-government, possibly. If that's what a terrorist is, then put me on that god damn list and come get me.

I saw another article about this in USA Today.
www.usatoday.com...

Out of the 1 million people about 95% of the people on the list are foreigners. Around 50,000 Americans are on the list.

Does anyone know the criteria for being put in this list? Are there any guide lines or legal requirements or is it simply at the discretion of the government.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic

Terrorist Watch List Hits One Million Names

aclu.org

* rigorous procedures for updating and cleansing names from the lists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anyone else see the impossibility of this? Once your name gets on there, it's not going to disappear. There is no way in hell any system could manage qualitative data on such a scale. Just wait, some day you'll get arrested for no apparent reason at all. This project has to be abandoned immediately. It puts shame to the country.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I had to bump this thread up, because I was asking about this in another thread, but sadly nobody responded because Idont think anybody knew, and one guy tried to talk Sh$^.
I did a search and this one came up.
I have to DL software? What good is that?
They should have a website for this no?
Anybody have any up to date info on it, let me know. feel free to U2U me.

-side note... I wonder how big the list is now? seeing as this thread is a year old.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Land of the greed, home of the 'fraid!
Or maybe paranoid is a better word....

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thats one way to get on the list!
Buy the software! LOL!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good