It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Watch List Hits One Million Names

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

You just made my day, I can not agree more.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh dear!

I hope i dont get turned down at the airport because i post here

This is incredible!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

ha ha ha ha ha
OMG, thank you for the laugh!!!
I needed it!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The epitome of irony here is that the biggest terrorists and tyrants---the gov---are the ones creating this list. Take a wild guess who is at the tops of these lists? Hint: It AIN'T the "islamic terrorists".

More of the intimidatory tactics from the totalitarian rulers...Dissent is unacceptable peons!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I guess I'll find out Wednesday if i'm on it.

I highly doubt it though.

Although, there is a million names on the list, so lets say they put half of the government bashers like me from ATS on it. That still leaves quite a bit of room. So we'll see.

All I want to do is go see my family that I haven't seen in 6 years. Is that so much to ask you a$$holes!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wonder if other countries have their own Terrorist Watch List with Bush and all his cronies on it?

"Sorry Air Force 1, you are not authorized to fly over our territory, from your passenger list we have found a large number of people on OUR Terrorist Watch List on board your plane. You will have to turn around and leave our airspace."

[edit on 7/14/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I believe this may be one way if you're willing to pay for the opportunity..

Terrorist Watch list software

[edit on 7/14/08 by LLoyd45]

It is possible to download a demo version of this software. If anyone has a secure, anonymous connection could they DL it, please?
I am inclined to believe that persons downloading this demo are likely to be flagged themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
People on the Terrorist Watch List

Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez, D-CA

I would have to agree with that one, she is a member of MeCHA, a group that wants to take control of the United States Southwest.

Now as to the real problem, it originated ( SOURCE ) here:

"I know in our particular case they basically did a massive data dump and said 'Ok anybody that’s got a nexus to terrorism, let’s make sure they get on the list,'" Cloonan explains. "And once that train left the station, or once that bullet went down range. There was no calling it back. And that is where we are."

The person who oversaw the project is Donna Bucella, who has run the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center since it began operations in 2003. Her group is responsible for evaluating the information submitted by the various intelligence agencies and actually compiling the list.

Asked if she is confident that the list is complete and accurate, Bucella says, "It's like painting a bridge. Once you finish one end, you gotta come back. So we endeavor to get the list as current and accurate and thorough as possible."

Turning the tables on her is done a simply as this: VEROMI search which reveals her data if you are willing to pay the $19.95 ... oh yeah, it most definitely is her, Veromi's data has an extremely small percentage of error, unlike the error rate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation which has a big ... colossal ... cyclopean ... epic! yes! EPIC percentage of error in it's data collection and investigation.

Look at the basic errors in investigation FBI Agent Andrew Romagnulo of Arden, NC made in his "case" (for the FED) against the Liberty Dollar. Siezing metals that were not 'owned' by NORFED but in all actuality are "owned" by the individual holders of the Warehouse Receipts for that silver. Now they are about to auction those metals off before the investigation is finished and without going to trial or charging anyone involved. Strictly a MATERIALS GRAB UNDER GUISE OF LAW.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Bush has set all this security up too ridiculous proportions!

With ALL these programs he is trying to stop EVERY IMAGINABLE (or imaginary) threat possible! There's no way it can be done!

He's now got this HUGE security/anti-terrorist system in place which is costing the American people untold billions of dollars and is also now claiming over a million people MAY be a terrorist or a threat to US citizens.

He can't protect everybody from everything, it's too costly in monetary terms and our freedoms. His security measures are trying to, very slowly, creep into Americans everyday lives (national ID cards, wiretapping, ...).

He's building new security agencies into monsters (Homeland Security, ...), and of course, the monsters want to be fed (money). And every year the monsters want a bigger piece of the pie (our tax dollars), so to show the government that they need more money, they find more and more threats they have to provide security for so that they get a bigger piece of the pie.

I only see this as getting worse until somebody puts the brakes on this.

For example, lets say they can only have 100,000 people on the Terrorist Watch List! This will make the agency in charge of creating the list do a little more "homework" on who REALLY should be on "The List" and try harder not to put people who aren't a threat to the US on the list.

[edit on 7/14/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
If everyone found a way to use words like "bomb", "plutonium", "assassinate", and "POTUS" in their telephone conversations and made it a habit of ending each conversation with "Allah hw'ackba" or "Allah is Great", then we could maybe get onto the list. And it doesn't matter if we all get onto the list. What is important is that enough people of good reputation make it onto the list. What would it do to the overall reliability of the list?

You're making the mistake of thinking that the list needs to be reliable in order for the government to use it against you. You think they will be forced to scrap the whole idea, just because the whole country tells them it's a stupid one?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is Mr. Bush and Congress on that list?

If not, then I deem this list ineffective.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Damn.
That is an awful lot of watching to do.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Technically shouldnt Dubwa be on the list for insider trading involving Harken, maybe the DOI charge, or the substance abuse?

Guess not then, cos in Feb when he doesn't have his own plane it will be funny if he does end up on it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I say 9/11 was an inside job
Can I be on the list now ?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The only question is "How many Post at ATS are required before you are put on the list?".

I still only get called out of the airport security line when I'm on a one way ticket - usually for last minute travel without a return date decided. All I do is smile and say thank you and they speed me through the extra checkpoint.

I know a guy who was considered a terrorist at one time who never has problems flying, so I can only conclude that the list is either not real or those doing the list don't have a clue. BTW - The guy I know was convicted and sent to prison for most of his life for bombing government buildings a few decades ago (a 60's radical changed by time -nearly 70 now )- they don't bother him at all & yes the FBI knows him well.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
The only question is "How many Post at ATS are required before you are put on the list?".

I still only get called out of the airport security line when I'm on a one way ticket - usually for last minute travel without a return date decided. All I do is smile and say thank you and they speed me through the extra checkpoint.

I know a guy who was considered a terrorist at one time who never has problems flying, so I can only conclude that the list is either not real or those doing the list don't have a clue. BTW - The guy I know was convicted and sent to prison for most of his life for bombing government buildings a few decades ago (a 60's radical changed by time -nearly 70 now )- they don't bother him at all & yes the FBI knows him well.

The terror watch list is designed to create a climate of control...it is not designed to prevent terrorism...

If they have a dossier on you - for whatever reason and you're no longer a public figure then you are probably not on the terror watch list...... you're on another much more serious list....and you are allowed to travel unimpeded because where you might be going and who you might be seeing is more important info to the feds than keeping you home....

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

You're right on the mark at the beginning of your post. You know that, & I know that, as well as a large proportion of people reading this, but why are there so many Americans who believe the lies. As long as the sheeple amongst us believe these measures are protecting them they will cower and continue to allow the unnecessary abuse.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Techsnow
One million people!

How does one go about finding out if... uhh *cough* someone he may know maybe on it? *cough*
I believe this may be one way if you're willing to pay for the opportunity..

Terrorist Watch list software

[edit on 7/14/08 by LLoyd45]

Wait... you have to pay for software to search the terror list?

And what happens to your search requests, do they get added to the list?

"Am I on the list?"
"No, but now you are"

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I applied for this software. Apparently you're supposed to be a business, but oh well. What do they know right?

How in the world can 1 million people be on a terrorist watch list? Does this only pertain to US citizens and if so, I thought we were supposed to be protecting Americans from foreigners not ourselves?

1 out of 300 people in this country is not a terrorist, I'm sorry. Anti-government, possibly. If that's what a terrorist is, then put me on that god damn list and come get me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What we ran out of Iraqis?
So now I am, and your neighbors are the 'new' terrorists.
Does anyone else find this problematic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join