It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Truth - Creativity or Channeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I had trouble titling this thread. I thought perhaps to say Creativity vs Grace, given the point of the thread, however Channeling seemed more accurate despite its obvious controversial nature.

I believe that it is entirely possible that some of our best ideas are given to us from some spiritual source. Can we contaminate it? We do it all the time but the original idea is universal in its truth I feel, and utterly beautiful quite often.
The idea came to me when I was very young when I began reading a lot. Regardless of what I was reading be it fiction or non, it often happened that a phrase, an idea would hit me and cause a reaction that even now I cannot describe in words. Just as enlightenment has no words to describe, the feeling of "rightness" resonated through me when I came across what I somehow sensed was a "universal truth" meaning in this case, true for all mankind. At the time when I first started discovering this it did not occur to me that perhaps these writers were only referencing the works of other great minds. These days all a writer has to do is open a book of quotations to receive vast amounts of inspiration yet where did those ideas come from? Anyway, at the time (my late teens) it seemed to me that one possibility was divine inspiration. Some might call it a state of grace. Many have felt it, that moment when you know just the right thing to say or do to help another soul in need and afterwards you think to yourself, "How in the hell did I know to say that"? It's a feeling of almost being manipulated but it feels so right that you don't care. (Editing here: It's not a feeling of some external source so much but a feeling of giving in to something more than what you perceive to be yourself. -end edit) Some people relate it to being in harmony with the Cosmos or the Divine, others call it being in a state of grace.
I always wanted to start a list and to write down every instance, every phrase of what I perceived to be a universal truth in whatever I was reading. I never did. Now, some twenty years later I wish I had that record, if only to remind me of what I thought mattered when I was that age. I liked that kid.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by 1stearthwarden]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
We are the Creator(s).

We don't need to channel anything.

I don't mean to say that it is all in our head, but in a way I do. It is ALL in our head. But it's ALL also out there somewhere, waiting to remind us.

You get my drift?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I do. I do indeed believe in a higher self, the divine in all of us. Perhaps it is just getting in touch with that part of ourselves.

new topics

join