It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy or Satanic conspiracy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know one particular person who goes to church twice a week. He never wants to miss going and complains bitterly if he is deprived of his visit. He is also the most selfish, self-opiniated, arrogant bastard I have ever known. The church is not one of the 'well known' ones . its not Catholic or Anglican - In fact it's one of those little non-denominational ones.

Given his actions, I have to ask is this just hypocrisy on his part or can the church be a Satanic one masqueradeing as Christian ?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
WELL... the church (catholic) can be VERY persuasive and WILL say anything to "convert" people and get "missions" money...

people go 2 church and worship "God" 'cause its VERY comforting to think that som1 is watching over you and life after death etc...

just ma 50 centz...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Pisky I go to a southern baptist church to pick up repressed church girls, but Im sure its not the churchs fault or they are satanists.

But you do pose an interesting question in relation to your friend.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I myself go to church one or more times a week, as do many of my friends, and the characteristics of the person you explained are the exact opposite of us. It's weird that a person who goes to church on a regular basis would act that way. The church teaches kindness, and understanding, but that guy seems to have an agenda of his own. Maybe it's devil worship, or maybe he needs to get his ass beat.

ET3

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh this is priceless, pray tell what "religion" isn't?

Many good hearted people deceived and sheared as the sheep they are. Sorry to say.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Given his actions, I have to ask is this just hypocrisy on his part or can the church be a Satanic one masqueradeing as Christian ?
Maybe this person is still working through his religion, on not being so arrogant, it's a process for him I believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by Pisky
Maybe this person is still working through his religion, on not being so arrogant, it's a process for him I believe.

Actually, this person will do anything to get his own way, even going so far as to stab people in the back. Not a particularly Christian tenet. And no, he hasn't tried that crap with me, but he has caused KayEm some problems. Maybe the church are truly trying to teach him true Christian values. If they are, I think they are flogging a dead horse.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Maybe your friend simply loves to go to church because in so doing, he can feel better about himself and forget the areas of his life that are lacking. "I go to church faithfully twice a week..."

Or maybe his church tickles his ear and tells him he is an ok person so he keeps going back so they can tell him again.

new topics

top topics

join