It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finger gestures for use with mediation. (Mudras?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I've recently encountered something that seems very interesting to me. Finger gestures for use with meditation. Apparently there are ways you can place your fingers in which it will be easier to meditate and quiet your mind. And there are specific gestures for specific purposes, such as healing, concentration, wealth etc...

I've found this site which piqued my interests more.

www.fingerhealing.com...

Which wants to sell you 4 dvd's for $97. No thanks, I'm sure there must be some sites where these gestures are readily available. I'm not sure, but I think they are also called Mudras.

What other info can you guys dig up on this? If it works, then it will probably really helpful for all of us to use these.

Thanks

Bandit

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Google search on Mudras

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Some illustrations I've just found from that google search:

www.kundaliniyoga.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I don't mediate but when you think of the way a person is typically depicted while mediting, the people are often depicted as holding their thumb to their middle finger while their pinky and ring fingers are extended.

Thanks for sharing. I would never have known that was actually for a purpose.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Some illustrations I've just found from that google search:

www.kundaliniyoga.org...
From these diagrams, I'd say I've had the most success with Guyan Mudra and Ravi Mudra. Shuni doesn't seem to do much (but perhaps I'm not being patient enough
)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Mudras...wow..the synchronicity I find on this board alone is enough to make me resonate with positive energy every time I check for new mind expanding threads.

In this e book there is quite a bit on mudras. Type it in on the search bar and you will get some detailed info on the different positions and how you can use them in meditation and every day life.

There is also a vast amount of other ancient and esoteric knowledge of the subtle forces.

starred and flagged

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

Looks like the gang sign training manual for the LAPD crash unit!!!

top topics

join