It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moron Award is, err, Awarded!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Congratulations to FreeMason, for winning the first Moron Award in the S&T forums here at ATS.

(Yes I'm too lazy to make up a flashy pshop award at the moment
)

The title has been taken for FreeMasons excellent work in this thread:
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

Most notably his attack on MS based on the assertion that the speed of light, but also for much of the rest of the thread, read it, its a doozie.

Just a reminder to people, please please think before you post.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You know I don't deserve this you bastard, everyone here knows all too well my contribution to this thread since "slowing down the numbers of my posts"
has by far been more than saticefactory, to merrit this because of a mistake.

You are abusing your powers, and if this were a democracy I'd move to petition your removal as a moderator.

Public humiliation, is a sign of ignorance, and @forumz, something this place has been very keen of avoiding, except for this out rageous post.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's a shame really.

The "outrageous post "(outrageous is one word) is really just a bit of fun.

99.9% of the regular users would have recognized that and continued in the spirit of jovial banter, rather than be all serious and pouty.

FM, your experience with online communities seems to be a rocky one at best. My advice to you is sit back and contemplate why this might be. Perhaps you may find some clues in the nature of your response to this bit of fun.

Now, let's get on with the ceremony. Who has the cold codfish with which to slap FM? And Kano, do you have the stale warm beer ready?

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No it's not fun, I'm too pissed off at Mogus, and his retarded lying!

First he totally lies about what I SAID! Only so he could further the stupidity of the world, by encouraging dropping out of High School.

And when I again restated EXACTLY WHAT I SAID AND WHAT MY POINT WAS....he again says it is all made up when he himself said EXACTLY what I was pointing to....

....if I didn't feel that Mogus was being exactly like those retards on @forumz, twisting peoples words and encouraging the DESTRUCTION of our society, I'd probably not have cared so much about this post.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
FM.

I think you need to lighten up, i'm sure there was no malice intended towards you, when they awarded you
This great honour.

Bye the way australians are not vain as you said in one of your posts.

They a proud of there country (there is a difference).

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well because Mogus has thankfully disappeared and taken his bad attitude with him, I have lightened up enough to not completely be outraged by this.

But it is still annoying, it does not feel as if this "award" is targeting JUST the stupid comment of 186,000 feet per second...but rather that it is saying ALL my posts were moronic and such.

But I do suppose the award is more limited than that.

At least I didn't say 186,000 light years a second?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
FreeMason it wasn't just your comments on the speed of light in that post, it was everything. All your comments in that tread were completely wrong. You completely misunderstood the technology of Metal Storm.
Now, if you had read the site then you would have realised that and (I guess) wouldn'y have written so much crap.

P.S. Your military information you posted on the thread was also completely wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Riggght, lets recap..

Firstly, you out of the blue, attack Mr Freeze, and others on the thread, with this one

There is no practical use of shoving 100 machine guns into a box, and saying "LOOK I CAN SHOOT A MILLION TIMES A MINUTE" when the enemy will simply shoot 100 times less than that, from 100 different locations.

Did you just look at the picture? that isnt what metalstorm is about at all.

As for your ideas about spaced powder, it is completely different to what MetalStorm is all about, so that little bit of sidetracking is better ignored.

Then theres the interesting, although rather unlikely and as yet compltely unproven, story of yours from vietnam.

And as for the kicker, I believe it can be reposted in its entirety, its so beautiful...

Ok going back to your statement that a hand gun can shoot 180,000 rounds per second....well I decided to do some math, because I knew this was ridiculus...but I didn't realize it was THIS RIDICULUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....

Your statement basically says that for one second, I can walk from here to wherever the bullets end up.

Because as we all know light travels 186,000 feet per second, and bullets 1100 feet per second (about probably 3000 feet or something).

SOOOOO...

Considering how fast you'd have to be firing, that means each bullet would have to basically be nose to back!

Now one thing I don't know though, is the length of the bullet in question, but I bet times it by 180,000 and it will damn near reach the end of its trajectory, maybe even surpass it, which basically would mean you'd be firing a string

Sincerely,
no signature

That is so classy, firstly he said 180k rounds per minute. The rest is clearly obvious in the post. (Although clear isnt a word one would normally associate with that post).

Now, you can see it wasn't just everyone picking on poor poor widdle FreeMason, you were attacking all and sundry in your posts, and based on misinterpretation and ignorance of most of the subject in question. Maybe you should think a lot harder before posting in S&T, if you don't want to think you can go to R&S.

Now, none of this destruction of your posts would have been necessary if you had just taken the award properly, instead of whining and attacking me etc etc.

So, congratulations, Mr Moron

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Kano,

"Firstly, you out of the blue, attack Mr Freeze, and others on the thread, with this one
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no practical use of shoving 100 machine guns into a box, and saying "LOOK I CAN SHOOT A MILLION TIMES A MINUTE" when the enemy will simply shoot 100 times less than that, from 100 different locations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

FM is right, in a sense.... say this gun is out in the field, there's only a few... Great, now we have something that'll tear someone to shread in second's and go through over a houndred thousand ammo to do so... So, your gonna need ALOT of ammo out in the field just to keep this running.

Now you got a bunch of N. Korean terrorist's, say...hiding somewhere with sniper rifle's... There's only 30 of them, picking your troop's off, one by one. Sure, you COULD just shoot your super duper gun like crazy, and you might hit a few NK's, but you'd go through ammo like it's going out of style... While your doing that, the NK's are killing you off, still hidden with there sniper rifle's, with plenty of ammo... What good is going through so much ammo out in the field when the enemy could be hidden from view. Seem's more like this gun was built because it could be built. It's way to expensive, and I personally wouldn't want my tax dollar's funding such a gun that reall is impracticle in a war time situation.

Why don't they make something that does ALOT of damage by itself instead? Make's more sense....

"And as for the kicker, I believe it can be reposted in its entirety, its so beautiful..."

No what's even more beautiful???

"It was late at night, I didn't mean feet" ....

It was late at night, he was doing math...unless your a math wiz....not many people sound to bright under this situation...No way in hell I could do math...or even think clearly late at night... But if you think about it...at the rate those bullet's are being pumped out, it would look sorta like firing a string....

Personally, I don't see what everyone's problem with FM's post is... There really is no practicle use for this weapon in a wartime situation.... Your going to go through way to many bullet's. It's too costly to blow through 180,000 bullet's in one second, for one target. What's the point? If you wanna tear him to shred's...shove a granade up the enemies ass instead

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
JamesG, you seem to be another who comments without reading anything about the thread. This 100 barrel machine gun ( which is in fact only 36 barrels ) is not an infantry weapon. Use your brain.All this crap about snipers is completely irrelavent. And if you knew anything about snipers, it costs a much more to train them than a normal soldier. For God's sake I'm sick of idiots posting without thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
God Mad Scientist you sure have a distorted view of warfare.

I'll tell you a million times the ability to put MORE bullets on a target has NO value at all.

Snipers are an invaluable military asset...far more valuable than this stupid device.

You people go "oh it could be used in place of mines or as ship defence!" no it can not, anything with such a high rate of fire risks wasting all its ammo without hitting the target/s.

Now what I will admitt this possibly being useful for IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wide spread of fire, instead of shooting a million bullets in say a 30 degree feild of fire, shoot it in a 160 degree feild of fire, then it could be a decent anti-personell weapon.

But anything such as that would probably be outlawed by the UN such as the Bee-hive, surely you know what that is Mad Scientist?

Your going to go through way to many bullet's. It's too costly to blow through 180,000 bullet's in one second, for one target. What's the point? If you wanna tear him to shred's...shove a granade up the enemies bottom instead

You know Mad Scientist, I think you are becomming the idiot who isn't thinking before you post. This weapon has NO military application, same as the nuclear bomb. Or as the chinese call it, the "Paper Tiger".

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Then theres the interesting, although rather unlikely and as yet compltely unproven, story of yours from vietnam.

No Kano, that story is completely true, my Command Sergeant Major tells no lies.

I'm sure it'd even be written up in an After Action Report somewhere if you'd care to research it out.

Sincerely,
no signature

TN1

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hello everybody!!Here is TN1...Well i have been a new member for the last month and guess what ..The only persons who have misundestood what i have said about physics and mathematics ,because i am a scientist and i like to approach everything in scientific terms with the relevant proofs or sometimes even with good indicatios , are Freemason and JamesG !!!.I don't like to critisize them because i do understand that are not expert in those particular fields ,all ideas are welcome but first of all they have to think and most important to READ AND STUDY before they post!!!Freemason and JamesG i have nothing against you and i don't agree with the moron award comment !But what mad scientist and others said about your comments are in the most of the cases true!!There is lack of scientific proof even a completely lack of evidense!!
I will give you an example of what is mean to study more and more....Once there was a discussion about what is the largest star so far.Look at this :I have 2 post graduate degrees one in physics (M.A) with specialization in nuclear&particle -quantum and astrophysics and an MSc in applied maths with theoretical physics.Well i think i know a lot ...But there is always space for impovement !!I thought that the pistol star was with galactic dimensions almost100Kpc(kiloparsec) but apparently mad scientist was right ..It is not so big !!I was wrong even this is my field ,because this is something new and i did not had the information ....
What i want to say is that you and the others must study !!!
And by the way this is for the others :How many morons are in here with us right now??See the other posts !!!!!!About rediculous things like superguns ,little aliens that are walking with us every day,particles that do not exist along with unbelievable theories in science,...Conspiracy theories,gosts,demons,magic ,and many others that i cannot remember !!!!
Come on grow up!!And wake up !!
Einstein said:The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Anyone wants to answer this :Give the range of the nuclear(strong) force the time scale and the potential energy.Compare with the weak and electromagnetic force and show that for high momentum weak can be unified with the electromagnetic one.I think this is a good topic for discussion ...

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You my dear FreeMason are an idiot. I know what the beehive is and this is completely different.
What unit do you serve in, as you referred to your command sargeant major ?
It seems you still haven't been to the metal storm site have you ? Otherwise you would understand your argument is crap. What would you propose the US do, have an army of snipers. Could they shoot down cruise missiles, protect AFV's etc. Go to the site you ignoramus, and read it.
And your theory that a sniper with 10 bullets, who only fired one killed 30 GI's and wounded 30 more is ridiculous. You have to be a gullible moron to believe that.
Well I might as well say it, I myself shoot for sport at targets with a .308 magnum rifle. I have shot with ex marine snipers. I don't doubt their skill as I have witnessed first round hits at 1000 yards which is extremely difficult. But they only make up a small percentage of manpower and have specific roles. They cannot influence a war at all.
Technology changes the battlefield not soldiers.

Infantry weapons are being designed such as assault rifle prorotypes etc. If you looked at the website you may be able to grasp this.

As for mine field replacement the 36 barrelled gun has nothing to do with this. Here is a video which may help you understand the Metal Storm Area Denial concept.

Area Denial Weapons System Video

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
MadS,

It was an example. It shoot's bullet's, therefore, it's a weapon. Shooting 1 million bullet's per minute is costly and impracticle for ANY use in a war time situation where every bit of ammo you have COUNT'S.

Sniper's probably cost alot to train, yes... but I wouldn't say that hold's true for terrorist's as it does for military or police force's.

I'd rather finish my target off with the fewest amount of ammunition, wheather it's bullet's or bomb's, instead of pumping more ammo into my target in less time... Any moron (apearently FM and me...) would be able to see more is a waste in war...

But, for the fun of it...How exactley do you see this weapon being useful in a wartime situation? Where do you see it as fit to waste ONE MILLION round's of ammo PER minute? For some reason...I can't get past seeing this as a waste of ammo, when I can just bomb the target instead....

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
People,

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that destroying your target in one shot is ALOT more effective than destroying it in 180,000+ shot's.

I'm starting to think the moron award was rigged...

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The fact that you are fixated on this one weapon out of many being designed and tested shows your narrow minded attitude. Have you seen the Metal Storm site JamesG ? I doubt it, otherwise why post this ramble.

Why post, when you don't bother trying to understand the technology. The biggest mistake of most ignorant posters is that they never go to the links, therefore gravely limiting their understanding of the thread.

I can accept a logical argument as well as the next person, it's the illogical arguments which get me riled up.

TN1

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't know if you have read my comments mad scientist but as can you see i totally agree with you ......And anyone else with just common sense without any scientific experience and knowledge would have been in the same path with us .
At least some thinking !!!!!!!!
Time is not so important if you do know how to handle it!!!
STUDY-STUDY and again read and STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG

But, for the fun of it...How exactley do you see this weapon being useful in a wartime situation? Where do you see it as fit to waste ONE MILLION round's of ammo PER minute? For some reason...I can't get past seeing this as a waste of ammo, when I can just bomb the target instead....

To ensure the kill of an incomming high velocity ordinance such as a cruise missle.

Seems like an easy enough application.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Alright, firstly, JamesG also seems to be attempting to put himself into the running. Maybe you could re-read the thread in question.

Secondly, this thread has nothing to do with the applications of Metal Storm, and I have no idea where you got the idea this was a sniper weapon from, if you perhaps read the metal storm website, or even the preceding posts on the subject you might have a better idea.

It has to do with FreeMason attacking other posters on the grounds of completely ridiculous and utterly incorrect scientific basis. No more, no less. Making assertions witihout any backing, (incidentally FM, if you are making up stories about vietnamese snipers, it is up to you to make sure they are true, not us), and generally not thinking before he posts.

Think!, or you too will win a moron award, and perhaps if ppl keep whining we can make a nice little moron award avatar for them. Think before you post, and dont just make stuff up to back up your posts.

If you are going to disagree with someone, how hard is it to recheck your post and make sure it is correct before posting? You've obviously seen the errors in others posts, why not check to see if theres any in your own?

Thirdly, cases such as this are exactly why the moron award was initiated. Do NOT attack others based on made up points, pseudoscience, or stupid errors. Also do not come in with lame excuses like 'it was late' or 'I was drunk'. Its a message board, not a chat room. Others dont read it when they are tired or drunk. Lets try to keep the posts useful and at least scientifically correct. Keep the stupid crap to other forums.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join