It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unique North American Cryptids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This my first thread here on ATS so bear with me if anything doesnt work out.
I was researching cryptids which has always fascinated me when i came across this book which you can see Here. This is just a preview but this had a lot of things i have never read about.
For instance:

The west virginia roc - a giant bird with many reports about it terrorizing a particular county

Primate like beings - bigfoot to out of place monkeys

The great naked bear - My favourite, about some kind of beast with many accounts on it

All sorts of snakes- Giant snakes to the most deadly snake in north america which is also one of the tiniest

Merfolk and seamonkeys - Mermaids and mermen along with sea dwelling primates

All of these stories come with some very interesting reports, just check the table of contents at the beginning to get through all the intro stuff to the wierd creatures. Its a pretty good read and i recommend it for those who are looking for some new cryptids you havent heard much of.

Also if anyone has any background with these cryptids already or has done or is doing research i would love to eat what you can bring to the dinner table
Hope you enjoy!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
No replies...... Nuts

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetsTouch
No replies...... Nuts

LoL.

Don't give up yet. When you create a thread, be sure to "offer" something to discuss.

For instance "The great naked bear"... I've never heard of this animal before?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I wrote a post no one replied to so don't feel bad! If you watch Monster Quest on the History Channel, you will come across many crypto creatures that don't get much press. This was the first time I had heard of the vampire like dog in the South or the werewolf sightings in Wisconsin. There are many interesting cases to be sure!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for the support gemwolf and kidflash, ill be sure to post more threads that are more interactive

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsTouch

Well? Are you going to post what you have on "The great naked bear"?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have to admit, as a native of the state, I'm intrigued by that story of the West Virginia Roc. The account says the witness reported the bird's body as being as large as a man's! I did a quick Google search, and only found (besides the book the OP referenced) an infuriating, "Did you mean: WV rock?"

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyintheshoe
I have to admit, as a native of the state, I'm intrigued by that story of the West Virginia Roc. The account says the witness reported the bird's body as being as large as a man's! I did a quick Google search, and only found (besides the book the OP referenced) an infuriating, "Did you mean: WV rock?"

oh you should try googling "naked bear" and I thought i'd seen them all weird things. I was wrong. friendly warning though, don't

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

lol i can only imagine what showed up

top topics

join