It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pyramid restoration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have always wondered about why no one restores the great pyramid ?

So many people go there as a holiday but wouldnt it look a lot nicer if they redid the outside and thus it would last even longer.

It has always seemed strange that they just let ancient place's deteriorate so far

In a way isnt it kinda dumb to just let them fall apart or are there some that people take care of i never hear anything about restoration

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The idea has been discussed on and off over the centuries. Once I read about an idea several decades ago that meant to restore either the smaller one or restore the one that hadt the remaining outer clading.

Probably will never be done. It would be very, very expensive and the Egyptians would probably not be willing to give up the money. The money would probably be better spent on maintaining what we've got so far.

Another discussion was to repair one of the more distance pyramids.

Again no action, nor would I expect them to do so.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cool thing is, they were built thousands of years ago and, for the most part, are still in pretty good condition.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
why not stonehenge its not like they dont have the cash you see all the shows how it was bigger and some say it had a roof
But they could at least restore the inner circle part

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There is a tendency in archaeology to leave buildings as is. Knossos is seen (because of the amount of speculative reconstruction) as a bit over the top.

I'd say they'd be better off building a new pyramid, say four or five times the size of the one in Rome.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i think they should fix up the pyramids it sure would be nice to see it in a finished state

new topics

top topics

join