It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas, Hezbollah websites hosted by Canadian servers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hamas, Hezbollah websites hosted by Canadian servers

news.sympatico.m sn.cbc.ca

Two websites operated by Hezbollah and Hamas were being hosted by a Canadian internet service provider even though the militant groups are barred from operating in the country, CBC News has learned.

Halevi wrote a letter of complaint to iWeb, the Montreal internet company that owns computer servers that play host to the websites.

The company replied the websites were inoffensive and just "an informational portal such as CBC.ca."

Halevi said he was shocked by the response.

"That was amazing because there is a big difference between CBC and the Hamas, al-Aqsa TV website. The messages are totally different."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Uh oh, once Coulter hears about this she's going to be renewing her call for an invasion of Canada.

"Damn those Canadians!"

I hope the company removes those websites fast.

Seriously though, is this Canada's problem or just bad judgment from the host company? I think the latter. I'm glad they removed the sites though now that they know what they are all about.

news.sympatico.m sn.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I bet one of them is coming out of Regina, Sk, Canada!

I say this just as a guess....looking at the demographic change in the past year or so.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I hope they keep the servers up and give the good ole US of A the big ole finger. If it was Al Queda I would want those taken down ASAP but last time I check Hiz and Hamas arent our enemies they are Isreali's enemys and frankly I could care less what happens to that country.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Um, actually both of those ARE on our terror list:

www.publicsafety.gc.ca...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Woopsadaisy!

Anyways, all the above retoric aside, Canada is much more free then the USA. I will say that much.

Yet...at least in Western Canada..and some easterners..Canada's REDNECK population seems to be exploding.

Too much beaver and beer I guess!

new topics

top topics

join