It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Dark -Los Roques, June 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well I am very impressed by what this guy has done and I've seen that he has posted here on ATS before too.

A bit surprised I couldn't find anything about his upcoming full length feature film in June 2009.

The Great Dark looks rather promising going on some of his work already available here on ATS, on Youtube and Disclosetv

Here is the teaser trailer for the movie;

The Great Dark;

And in case you've missed some of other stuff... just one more sample of his work.

If i was half as talented as this young man then I would be extremely pleased with myself. This is outstanding work and I'm looking forward to seeing the full movie sometime June 2009.

Great work Manbird12000. Seriously some heavy duty ideas going on there. Top marks to you, sir.

IMO, after watching the trailer, this movie, in its approach to the awe inspiring presence of the alien ships, goes way above and beyond anything hollywood has ever produced. Yes, we've seen some stunning special effects but I feel that The Great Dark has brought to the screen another depth.

It's outstanding persuasive attempt at showing us just how humble and fragile we may ultimately turn out to be if craft of this scale and power ever were to invade this planet. We just would not stand a chance. The methods used to display these craft in their cold and calculated approach at wiping out an infestation on a planet full of natural resources which may be put to far better use, is just awesome.

Watching the thousands of smaller craft swarming across the sky would be a very real and rude awakening to the fact we are not alone and to what is about to happen. This movie tells you you're in trouble. You all know it and there's not a thing any of you can do about it.

The shear fire power of these craft just defies our comprehension. In the trailer you'll see a massive craft fire its single weapon three or four times and huge pulses of energy strike the ground throwing tonne after tonne of dirt high up into the sky.

Again, this appears to be an incredibly outstanding movie and I'd love to see this in it's entirity. I just wonder what Manbird has in store for the ending?

If the movie is as good as these few clips seem to suggest, then who cares what happens at the end.. live or die, I'd be glad to have sat through it all.

Related ATS thread
Manbird12000 UFO mini series

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Extralien]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Definatley an interesting thread here, Extralien. Film making is a great passion, and if this is what this person wants to do, I think it's a great thing.

I am alien-agnostic, in that I neither believe nor disbelieve.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thank you Spartan.

There are many, like yourself, who have open thoughts on the matter.
Taking into consideration the impact of films such as Independence day or War of the Worlds have had on the public in general I think this film will be very well received by everyone.

A lot of people watch these types of films for the shear entertainment value, others watch them to gain an insight as to how the film makers are perceiving life from elsewhere. Then you get those who sit through the entire film wondering if the craft/entities depicted are actualy real and have been hushed up.. but all that aside, I would be very surprised if this film does not get a cult status.

It would appear tat manbird already has quite a following on youtube and other related sites, so a full length feature will most certainly gain him some respect, if nothing else.

With that in tow, the film should reach a greater audience, especially if it is ever released onto DVD. There are many who collect these types of film as part of their UFO film archives. The more vieiwngs manbird obtains, the higher chance of a cult status being given.

I wish him all the very best in his venture.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think Movies are great and all, but....

As i consider the Ufofology to be quite a serious matter i dont think movies will change what people believe or feel about a certain matter in a bigger context.

As long as something is considered to be 'entertainment' it will not go any further than that for many people.
In the long run we have been 'numbed' down by they big picture, we do not take things seriously enough to consider other aspects.

However, this is my belief, just take the latest Indiana Jones movie as an example, did it change any thing for the general populace, for those who dont consider ufo's/et's to be anything more then someone elses imagination?

On the other hand those who 'believe' we are being visited by something is just wild about these things, but these people are a minority.

Like the thread though

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Hi Extralien, I was told that this thread was started on ATS about 'The Great Dark'. First I want to give THANKS to you and the rest of the members for supporting my videos and the upcoming film!

You hit the nail on the head when you talked about the mood and feeling this film is hopefully going to give the audience. The presence of these ships and the overwhelming number of them alone makes us question our own existence and fragility like you said.

From the time we are small, we always knew that as long as the blanket was over us, the "monsters" couldn't hurt us at night. Even when something happens in the world, we take solice in the fact that our own street corner is still the same as it ever was.

That is why I wanted this invasion to be so massive as to involve every living thing on earth, there is no chance of escape or denial physically or mentally when the entire sky is darkened with what you fear the most.

There definitly won't be any typical hollywood treatment in the film, no insectoids darting around killing people, no real alien to human communication, no space ship above every capital, no "death by water" or anything like that, in fact, they will see no distinction between us and any other animal. We do the same in how we treat life on earth. If it's not a human, it's an animal. be it a bug, bird, horse, lizard or fish.

Hopefully with the combined cinematography, Visual FX, authentic acting and the screen play, HOPEFULLY people will walk away from watching this film with a sense of humility, awe, wander and fear that this thin layer blanket we call the atmosphere isn't really protection at all. We're basically a house with no windows or doors in an unkown neighborhood and the only thing we have to protect ourselves is a butter knife.

Our doors are literally open to space.

It's going to be a long road for completion of the film and an even longer one getting it screened! No matter what , it's going to be available DVD come hell or high water! But I just want to say, thanks again to all of you for your input and thoughts. Positive or Negative, I respect the opinions offered on this site.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
I think Movies are great and all, but....

As i consider the Ufofology to be quite a serious matter i dont think movies will change what people believe or feel about a certain matter in a bigger context.

I'm with you on that, but movies do affect others in all manner of ways. If it is pure entertainment then those who see these movies will be more deeply affected by it than those who believe and see it as an exploration.

take the latest Indiana Jones movie as an example, did it change any thing for the general populace, for those who dont consider ufo's/et's to be anything more then someone elses imagination?

As far as the crystal skull is concerned in that film, I'm almost inclined to think that more people are aware of UFO's and aliens than they are of the skulls themselves. The connection made in the film may possibly be nothing more than entertainment value, but those of us who study the subject, do have some kind of idea/theory that this link is in fact, truth.

On the other hand those who 'believe' we are being visited by something is just wild about these things, but these people are a minority.

We are not a minority. I used to be involved in a group and we carried out presentations in various places and each time we held one, we had to get a bigger venue. You'll be amazed at the amount of people, from all walks of life, who already 'know' and those who come out of pure interest and go away with a ton of very serious personal questions. I think the idea of the minority has been enforced by media coverage and discrimination and ridicule. When something as serious as this crops up, someone, somewhere does not want everyone to know about it.

Like the thread though

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

Thank you very much manbird.

I am glad that I have seen the trailer in the way that you hoped to display your thoughts and feelings in this matter. It's a good sign for you as it shows you're definitely on the right path.

As I sat here watching it on my small PC monitor, I could only imagine the effect of a full blown cinema screen. I genuinely can't wait to see the film.

I've been involved in this topic for many years and am glad that a film of this type has come along and does not do the typical "America-waves-the-flag-and-solves-everything-with-one-hero-and-a-can-of-whoopa**".

Those types of film are more for entertainment and proft. A film that actually makes you think and broadens the mind is far more beneficial in my opinion.

Once your film is released, i wonder how long it will be before there will be those who, may very well, label this as the new and improved "War of the Worlds".

Once again, congratulations on your outstanding effort and i wish you all the success in bringing this to the people of planet Earth.. heaven help them..

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

OMG! That's all i can say! This is incredible, it's better than anything i've seen frm hollywood, it has a raw and realistic feel hollywood doesn't.

I hope to goodness this is released by manbird online, hell i'd even buy a copy. Very very very nice work.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'm glad you liked it IR and I'm glad I found it too.

I'll definitely be one of those to buy the DVD.. Sure has some potential in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yep i would happily buy the DVD based on this short video, if it comes out online or on DVD would you mind giving me a nudge? Gotta say i'm slightly jelous amongst the wonder, i can barely draw a circle on a computer

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I could not get past the first few drama queen cinematics of the fake UFO's against a night sky (If I need to tell you why it is fake, then move along, your too easily fooled to be participating in this discussion I think)

It is exactly this type of utter foolishness and COMPLETE IGNORANCE that keeps Ufology from being considered seriously by the mainstream.

Guys, seriously consider what is presented in this hogwash before you even consider giving it positive comments (or...gasp...buy the frigging dvd which only encourages more of this nonsense)

Sorry to be so blunt, but the truth is out there, and supporting things like this IS NOT HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING IT.

Cookies to whomever is keen enough to tell, in the first few moments, why the first showing of lights against a "starry" background could not have been filmed. Anyone...anyone......? Not to mention the edge definition problems and a few million other things I could INSTANTLY find wrong with it.

I might have watched more than the first few moments of the first video listed if is didn't instantly insult my intelligence...then turn out to be nothing more than a bunch of people on a conspiracy sight pimping some guys DVD for profit. SAD, very, very SAD.

THIS IS AN OPEN CALL TO THE MEMBERS OF ATS, PLEASE, PLEASE COME TO YOUR SENSES AND HELP CLEANSE THIS SUBJECT OF SUCH NONSENSE.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000

From the time we are small, we always knew that as long as the blanket was over us, the "monsters" couldn't hurt us at night. Even when something happens in the world, we take solice in the fact that our own street corner is still the same as it ever was.

That is why I wanted this invasion to be so massive as to involve every living thing on earth, there is no chance of escape or denial physically or mentally when the entire sky is darkened with what you fear the most.

Don't you worry about what kind of psychological effect such a message might have on the random population overall? I mean I suppose there is a balance between the ALIENS are going to kill us all and the ALIENS are our friends movies.. but the masses already suffer from a irrational fear of everything they don't understand. I don't think feeding that fear is such a great idea.

A scenario like this is never likely to happen. If what is being leaked is true there are many different species that visit our planet on a regular basis. I seriously doubt they would sit back and watch one race destroy or invade it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Awesome work! As a artist i admire your work here and i will follow this!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good work there !

I recall some of the clips were already passed for real on the tube and many believers were fooled.
Looks like there will be another round of these.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

LMAO! Are you that stupid? This isn't a real incident, it was never said to be a real incident, it's a damn movie. Get your head out of the place you speak and read the damn thread. Next you'l be saying independence day shouldn't have been made because it discredits the Ufology community.

You are whats wrong with ATS matey boy and your name suits you well.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Your name says it all, I think. It seems you've completely ignored the fact that this movie is for entertainment purposes and does not in any way claim to be real.

Did you read anything anyone said about it being a movie or being released at a film festival? Did that not give you any clues as to the purpose of the teaser trailer posted in the OP?

This is a persons attempt of making a feature film movie, not a claim to fame of supposedly filming anything real.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Hi Manbird and great work!!

I look forward to your movie, I first checked out your Youtube Channel for the aviation videos, you are one of the best out there.

Back on topic.

Many will find what I have to say silly, but I tend to think that if the day comes that the feared ones shall present themselves they could do it in a similar fashion as what you have imagined.

Very good imagination, my worst case scenario sort of looks like your movies.

Cheerio

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by manbird12000

Don't you worry about what kind of psychological effect such a message might have on the random population overall? I mean I suppose there is a balance between the ALIENS are going to kill us all and the ALIENS are our friends movies.. but the masses already suffer from a irrational fear of everything they don't understand. I don't think feeding that fear is such a great idea.

A scenario like this is never likely to happen. If what is being leaked is true there are many different species that visit our planet on a regular basis. I seriously doubt they would sit back and watch one race destroy or invade it.

Hi Nephratari, I certainly wouldn't flatter myself in thinking that this movie will have any impact on the masses.
, But nobody really knows if something like this invasion could happen or not. But what it does, is make you think about the reality and fragility of our existence. And the only way to come to terms with that is to be faced with something that is beyond your control, something that forces you to deal with your beliefs and to let go of everything you thought you would always have. We're talking primortal, Raw emotions.

Obviously, nobody is claiming this movie to be a public service to the Ufology community, that much is certain. But it definitly will not discredit something it does not touch.

When someone thinks about a mass UFO invasion, they won't think about Will Smith and his cigar, nor will they think about a drunk has-been pilot taking out an entire mothership with a heat seaking missle , the "craft" in this movie will be taken quite seriously and the movie will represent something on a broader scale, it will deal with humanity and the non-cliched reality of what people REALLY do when faced with something of this magnitude.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

if the day comes that the feared ones shall present themselves they could do it in a similar fashion as what you have imagined.

Very good imagination, my worst case scenario sort of looks like your movies.

In a manner of speaking, we already do and have faced this sort of situation, considerably scaled down though but the reality of the idea is the same.

To see what I mean, consider the Roman empire hacking its way across Europe, or the Nazi war machine stomping its way to a thousand year reign.

Today we have a NWO idea backed by mass media and a military machine offering 'shock and awe' tactics.

The only difference is that all this was done on our doorsteps by ourselves.. We all acted in our own way and handled each situation the best we could.

The idea in this movie, to me, is to show all the effects of the past and possible future in one sweeping manuever. A move that no man or machine has any idea or ability to stop.

The machine against the man. The fully armoured riot police against peaceful demonstrators. Laser guided missiles against civilians in a church attending a wedding...

The Great Dark is an extreme message in extreme times and can only highlight all of our rights and wrongs and hopefully give us a better sense of self, worth and direction.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Cool I can respect that. I am looking forward to seeing how you bring this about. Good luck with post production. I know how frustrating that can be.

Do you have a timeframe you are looking at for release?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join