It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and hate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How many think we should change "religion" to "hate"? We could call it the hate forum. The way I see it and read it everyday in life and in forums like these is that it's all "hate". Most people seem to be wrong and most people seem to hate others beliefs or continuosly try to prove the other wrong about their beliefs. We can all believe in hate instead of religion or is it that religion produces hate? Why is your god better than anyone elses? I don't care who believes in whom but don't force it on others. Just think how nice everyone would get along without the fighting over religion. Think about it. Would be nice wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Shut up! My dad can beat up your dad!

This is actually really funny, but I don't think that the thread will last long. It is just too much of a fire starter.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Most religions preach acceptance and love. But when an extremist follower of one faith approaches someone from another, they think they are superior. She/he assertively presents theirs as the only true religion. The other faiths may be described as inferior by the teachers, filled with errors, and even Satan-inspired. That�s the beginning of hatred.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Heh!!!
Religions do cause hatred. That's an undeniable fact. Wars rage to this day over whose God is the best.

It doesn't mean to say that you shouldn't discuss religion though. Isn't talking about something the best way to sort out your differences?
You're obviously going to have those who create a storm when discussion takes place. It's unavoidable as you're talking about a very emotive issue. It doesn't have to be all hatred though, and I don't believe that the ATS religious forum has any more hatred in it than many more forums. In fact, there are probably many more agnostics on ATS and they help to give a far better balance than many forums where you just have the religions fighting it out for themselves.

Hatred is an unavoidable by product of most of Earth's religions. Rather ironic when you realise that most of these same religions are about promoting peace and tolerance.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Most religions preach acceptance and love.

Yes, but only to those willing to follow it's tenets...all others are heretics and deserve only damnation....not salvation, in most religions' point of view....and that's where it gets scary..and sad.

However, it's been my experience on this board, that intelligent debate and discussion CAN take place between those of differing faiths, and usually BOTH parties come away learning something....

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i think religion was created to instill fear, and fear breeds hatred.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Think of all the blood that was spilled in the name of god since time began?

I'm Jewish, I do celebrate the 'important' holidays, but I never shove my beliefs in anyone's face, and I am always nice to people of other faiths, even arabs/muslims. I believe Religion creates boundaries between people, and it is similar to hate, since they're both taught. You are told what is 'right' and what is 'wrong' and if someone doesn't share your faith, then he/she are wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From Satanists to Pagan, Wiccan to Druid, from Hebrew to Islam... EVERY ONE teaches respect and acceptance. The only problem, though, that most of the religions claim they are the correct one; so then you have the fanatics or the single-minded who will judge you because of what you believe.

Hell, it can be pretty much stated with my signature.
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

ET3

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So much about conspiracy here,,, sticks tongue firmly in cheek and grins. Just more discussion of religionists spewing religionosity. Get real and get into the real conspiracies or is this forum just a placebo for the masses?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually, ET3, there is a consipracy going on. The religions preach love and tolerance but the fundies and leaders do the opposite. Why is that ? - because of control. The more they get others in their own religion to hate others, the more those people will go to the leaders for help and advice, and the more power and control these leaders will get.

My take on the Christian religion for example is this : Christ taught love and acceptance. He wants everyone to be saved, but recognises free will. He would not order anyone to become Christian, because that would undermine free will. However, the leaders (for example the popes in the middle ages) state that those not following this religion are evil and should be destroyed. That meant that the Church leaders were able to wage war and confiscate the belongings of the 'heretics'. All for money, power and control.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
So much about conspiracy here,,, sticks tongue firmly in cheek and grins. Just more discussion of religionists spewing religionosity. Get real and get into the real conspiracies or is this forum just a placebo for the masses?

Religion is the biggest conspiracy of all. Your whole society. Your whole way of life.
All based on religion.

I'm afraid your statement proves you to be shallow.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
for an hour and one can see a man and his friends promote love while criticizing anything that does not agree with their verion of "love".

ET3

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When people realize that Jesus condemned his leaders for having turned the government given by the King of the Universe into a religion they may start to wake up. As long as perpetuation of religions are allowed to go on so will the war of hate that these lying Bad ET�s propagate. Wake up, the Kingdom of God, (what the F ever you want to call the King of the Universe) is not about religion, it is a GOVERNMENT. A government that is NOT based on demonocracy / democracy. Haven�t you ever heard that one can give praise and thanks with out getting all freaking �religious�? It�s called RESPECT and giving ones their just due and kudos. Hate? You want to talk of HATE and religion? Try democracy and politics. We humans have been deceived, lied to, slandered and more so by ones of our own race with out even knowing it.

Just some shallow thoughts.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I enjoy this type of religion thread, as long as you guys dont start screaming about what race jesus was I will enjoy reading it.

ET3

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think he was of the ET races, but then became a human. That still amazes me.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
what race jesus was I will enjoy reading it.

Wasn't he in the Boston Marathon? Oops, sorry... wrong race.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Most religions preach acceptance and love.
correction- most religions are SUPPOSED to preach acceptance and love

the thought of "religion" is a complete hypocrisy of what "religion" is supposed to stand for...whic is FAITH.

there is a huge difference between the two.

its like comparing wisdom and knowledge.

or poultry and pole dancers.

huge differences.

*the only problem with christianity is the christians*
this goes for most other religions as well..correction...all other religions

"When did what you are become more important than what you believe?"

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think Art Bell had a man on who used to talk about The God Part of the Brain. In other words, humans' brains were made to think in abstract ideas and to wonder why everything exists.
Every so often, someone (a prophet) comes along to try to teach us how to do things correctly....for the benefit of all. In our enthusiasm to do the "right things", we start to WORSHIP the prophet. AFTER the prophet dies, the minute we start to write scripture, there are disagreements. Fighting starts. First over scripture, then over other things.
There is something about humans desiring to be RIGHT and also being STUBBORN. Bad combination. Throw in greed for power and money, and big trouble starts!
I hope that someday we find out WHERE THE SOULS GO AND IF THERE IS SUCH A THING AS SALVATION. Personally, I don't think we get judged in the afterlife. I think that after a certain period of time, the laws of physics kick in and we ALL go to the SAME place.
Walk-ins are an exception. (I wish I knew why.)
I think there will always be people who want to practice a religion. It is built into our brains.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Don't hate people because of their religion. Hate them because of their stupidity.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So what drives people to do what they do? Religion? If so...why aren't ALL members of that Religion out doing the very same thing as those hate-mongers that hide behind their 'Word' as an excuse for their actions...

We, like all things, tend to only see the loudest, the trouble-makers, those whose fanatical faith brings more disturbance than peace. But are they truly representatives of their Faith?

There are many many people, of every walk of life, that ascribe to some religious belief...and they pass by unnoticed for the most part. They are your bus-driver, your Police Officer, the man in the suit, that teenager in the baggy pants, that lady across the road looking through her purse, that kid riding past on his bike, the old couple waiting for a cab, the person behind the counter as you buy your morning paper. What they perhaps chose to take from the message of their Faith was not hate...

The evil does not reside in the tool...but within the hands that wield it...

Peace,
ALIEN

top topics

<<   2 >>

join