It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress increasingly going through the motions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Some fights of the 110th Congress have lost their oomph in the waning months before the November elections, with both parties content to run out the clock on messy matters like the war in Iraq, spending bills and various disputes with the White House.

Democrats dropped any pretense of trying to address some of the stickiest issues when their Senate leader, Harry Reid of Nevada, told reporters Thursday that Congress will punt until next year its biggest job, setting most of the government's spending priorities.

What's good enough for 2008 will suffice until a new president and a new Congress take office next year.

"I would hope that before we would leave here this year that we would do a continuing resolution that would get us (through) until after Senator Obama becomes president," Reid said.

Nice to see that these clowns have given up for the year on trying to pass...anything apparently.

You got to wonder why they can't understand why we question there decision making abilities.

Congress will punt, what a croc of sh*t!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Lol, yes, and I like the way he`s put Senator Obama in office already, nice huh? Like no one out here has any say in it at all. Well, I may be wrong but, it looks like someone pulled the shepherd out, and put the wolves in charge of the flock. And our government just can not understand why so many out here don`t trust them. I`m at the point where I believe they don`t care what we think, and how we feel. They only care about what they want(like the North American Trade Agreement), and we don`t have a bit of say in it either way.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Lol, yes, and I like the way he`s put Senator Obama in office already, nice huh? Like no one out here has any say in it at all. Well, I may be wrong but, it looks like someone pulled the shepherd out, and put the wolves in charge of the flock. And our government just can not understand why so many out here don`t trust them. I`m at the point where I believe they don`t care what we think, and how we feel. They only care about what they want(like the North American Trade Agreement), and we don`t have a bit of say in it either way.

Hey FL

Love the shepherd and wolves analogy.

Take care

join