It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli jets using Iraq's airspace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i don't think this has been posted yet. if i've put it in the wrong place, please move it. thanks.

Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:33:45

The US has allowed Israeli jets to use US airbases in Iraq and flyover Iraqi airspace for a likely attack against Iran, Iraqi media say.

It is more than a month that some Israeli planes belonging toIsraeli air force use the US military bases in Iraq to land and takeoff, Iraqi Nahrainnet news network said Wednesday, quoting informedsources close to Iraq's Defense Ministry.

The activities and traffic of warplanes- especially at nights- haslately increased in the US air bases in Nasiriya southeast of Baghdadand Haditha a city in the western Iraq province of Al Anbar, the Iraqiresidents and sources said.

They said the US fighters, cargo planes, helicopters and unmannedplanes have intensified their flights in the last three weeks.

The US military officials have imposed severe security measures around the bases, they said.

They said some aircraft suspected to be Israeli warplanes comingfrom Jordan, have landed in the US controlled al-Assad airbase nearHaditha.

It is believed that these activities are parts of a jointIsraeli-US training, preparation and coordination to launch an air raidagainst Iran's nuclear plants.

Israel has conducted a military drill under the supervision of topUS military commanders over the Mediterranean Sea from May 28 to June12, using more than 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 fighters, along withhelicopters and refueling tanks which many consider as a possiblerehearsal for a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

source

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
how you like that good old freedom we gave you iraq!

we use you as a base so the israelis can turn the whole region into hell on earth against the will of your government and people!

yay democracy!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I know they did that bombing practice run going to Greece someplace.This is new info but i suppose they would need to fly over the airspace.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the real issue here is that they need jordans airspace to get to iraq. this will make jordans king look like quite a puppet and could cause riots in his country and the middle east througout. im not sure the king or his extremly hot wife has much of a choice in the matter. sad but very intresting.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We all know that if a nuclear war does break out and it will start with a middle eastern country.This past 4 weeks don't look so good.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Ask the Queen yourself. www.youtube.com...

Surprisingly, she does take the time to reply to youtube message.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sorry but the website in the OP looks likes its being run out of some high-schoolers bedroom. Im going to have to see more than that.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

How about the Jerusalem post?

www.jpost.com...

And TheRepublic, you make a great point. His wife is damned yummy...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

wow. what's going on? first they say they did. then they say they didn't. hmmm...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just wrote a thread and then the site showed me this one.

The weird thing is Drudge had links to the jpost story. But within a few hours those links were gone. Usually drudge doesn't actually change much from its morning to afternoon stories. I got to wondering if Drudge realized that these RUMURS (which are PROBABLY, but not ASSURADLY, just that) could greatly inflame the situation with Muslim countries and pulled them OR if someone got real pissed and made a few quick calls about OPERATIONAL SECURITY from either the Pentagon or Tel Aviv to tell Drudge and JPost to shut up yesterday because these stories are hitting pretty close to the truth.

I also noticed that jpost had both the story about the use of airspace (and US bases as well) AND a rebuttle from both Iraq and the Pentagon. Only the rebuttle story is now showing unless I missed the original in an archive or 2nd page or something.

www.jpost.com...

My first thought on first read was "no way"!

My second was that if this is true, an Isreali strike could be days, even hours away.

But true or not even RUMURS of this is going to piss off the Arabs and the Iranians, having the IDF on Islamic lands. I couldn't figure out if this is bait to get Iran to strike first, or Arab propaganda to rile up the faithful or what?

Better fill your gas tanks

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Sr Wing Commander]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
sucks when they censor world events. then again we should be very used to this by now.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
sucks when they censor world events. then again we should be very used to this by now.

I don't know if it's so much censoring world events as it is (IF the rumors are even remotely true) as it is OPSEC (operational security). If I am a fighter pilot about to go on a bombing mission behind enemy territory I don't want it broadcast that I am coming. If I am a US military personnel on one of the bases, I don't want it know to the insurgents that there are israeli jets on base.

IF they are there and IF they attack we will know soon enough.

I know many here differ in opinion and politics here, but I for one want to see this thing go well if it in fact does have to go. It has the potential of spilling over and out of control and causing real problems....BUT it also has the potential of helping with long term stability in the region. IF the Iranian nuke program is takin' out the govt may also fall and we might get the mullahs out. That would end them influencing Iraq and we might see a REAL possibility of a pull out.

I know that's a long shot....but I am hoping for the best as it looks more and more likely ( pros and cons aside ) that IT is going to go down sooner or later.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Whoa I did an ATS search and deja vu!

Press TV

ATS thread

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

I have a thread full of "deja vu's" around here somewhere on just Iran
(War on Iran: What Year is This?)

When I saw the new thread? I said hmmm that sounds familiar. I think they're trying to make us think we're crazy. Or they think we won't notice.

edit on 5/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: added link

top topics

join