It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexpected Nightmare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, I woke up last night from a rather unpleasant dream. I dreamt of a catastrophic 9/11 style attack on Seattle.

I was in a very tall building. Not sure which one. But desperately, I feld downwards. I have no idea what caused it to collapse, what caused fire and devastations. It was a sunny day, a large pool sat nearby. Anyway, thew whole place collapsed, I knew it would. But it wasnt New York, it was Seattle, but the devastation was the same. People walked by, unconcerned, however.

Stranmge, it was. Havnt really been giving 9/11 much thought. It certainly appeared out of the blue though! Not sure if id calk it off to prophecy. Reliving something already happened? Remote viewing? Who knows?

Bothersome, though.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Maybe Mt. Ranier blew or an earthquake hit? I was there when Mt. St. Helens blew. It was pretty freaky.

Sounds like your subconscious is ridding itself of 9-11 memories. Tall building (interesting you didn't relate the Space Needle), collapse, blue sky...

I'll never look at another blue sky w/out thinking of that pristine morning.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No, the space needle wasnt visible. Columbia Tower facing south then?

It definitely wasnt the volcano though, the skies remained clear. Mt rainier wasnt visible because of buildings. No, it was just the two glass buldings that got smacked with collapse, everything else stood up.

Ridding myself of 9/11 memories, thats pluasible, I suppose. I have occasional nightmares about it. But Im always in new York, watching, knowing its gonna happen, yet i just sit and watch.

Perhaps another man made disaster shall strike seattle? Major economic disaster due to something else happening? Was it real images I was dreaming of, or symbolism of something else?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Don't know... Seattle is definitely on the Economic targets list. Hate to say it. Makes me nervous 'cause I have family & friends out there, too.

Have you ever seen anything else before it happened?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No, my dreams are usually predictable in thier patterns. For instance, they are unpredictable, but normally, they are bizzare, nonsenical collections of unrelated subjects, images, and ideas. I have recourring dreams of tornados at least once a month, sometimes more. But this dream was disturbing because it was ordered, the images clear, they melded together in a sensical pattern, unlike most of my dreams. It was like watching a movie that I had a feeling on what was going to happen. Clear, ordered timeline of events.

Ever watch the mini series Traffick? If you have, youd see what I meant. But this wasnt a bio outbreak, it was a clear disaster, I turned to see the building collapse.

If anyone one on here is good with dream interpretation and explaining such things, id be happy to hear about it. I have plenty of nightmares, but this one has really left me shaken and distyurbed, the images still lingering in my head, as is the fealing of sorrow and dread.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As per dreammoods.com

"Fall

To dream that you fall and not frightened, signifies that you will overcome your adversities with ease.

To dream that you fall and are frightened, denotes a major struggle and overwhelming problem in your life. It may denote that you have failed to achieve a goal that you have set forth for yourself.

To dream that you fall and are injured, foretells of hardships and loss of friends.

To see someone fall, signifies your secret desire for the downfall or even death of that person. You will triumph over your enemies."

"Afraid

To dream that you are afraid to continue on some situation, signifies trouble in the home and failure in business.

To see others afraid in your dream, signifies that some friend will be too wrapped up in his or her own problems then to help you out with some favor."

"Terror

To dream that you are in terror, forewarns of disappointments and loss.

To see others in terror in your dream, signifies that the unhappiness of friends will impact you as well"

"Building

To see a beautiful standing building in your dream, signifies your destiny for luxury and plentitude. Never lose sight of the importance of having caring and loving people around you.

To see a building in ruins, forewarns of problems in love and/or business accompanied with great loss. Your own self-image has suffered and taken some blow.

Buildings may also represent the self. "

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The dream sounds like it is symbolic about some aspect of your life. The building=you. The neighborhood=the current environment you are living in. I have had building collapse dreams too, and they usually signify (in my life anyway) impending change--change in job, change in how I see myself, etc.

The reason why I do not think it is prophetic is because the Higher Self is usually not that cruel (unless you are a super-zen, Yoda-type individual who can handle news about apocalyptic events). I have had various intuitions/dreams about things that happen in the future, but had nothing specifically about 911. (Neither did most of the major celebrity psychics.) I thank God this is the case, because had I really had such a dream before it happened, and then it happened, I probably would have lost my mind.

The dream could also be processing residual anxieties about 911 that are still lingering in your mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Kinda scary... you weren't the only one to have a dream like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Skadi, I need more info about the dream. Did you feel like you were injured ? did you survive the "fall" did you have terror that this was the end. Did you arrive safely on the ground and were able to see the damage of the collapsed building. Were there other people around you ? Was there a panic feeling among the people around you if there was any. Was there a specific person that you could identify as knowing in the building. Did your gut feeling say that you belonged in the building or was the enviroment "odd" and out of place. Is this a familar setting for you ie work, business associate etc. Was there any fire involved ? did you feel trapped in the building and unable to escape through a stairwell etc. Did you expect the building to fall ie you were standing on a certain floor gazing out the window towards the ground, waiting for the building to collapse down around you.

Without these answers it is difficult to determine the cause for this dream.

new topics

top topics

join