It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1: We Now Know How Top Stop It Replicating.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Howdy everyone. First off, Ive been studying 'Bird Flu' for around 2 years now yet some how never got round to posting in this forum, figure.

Scientists have identified around 100 genes that the H5N1 bird flu virus needs in a host in order to replicate, and this finding may help in the hunt for ways to block its proliferation.

Now we know what it needs to replicate, maybe we could find a way of preventing it; i think that this is a great step towards prevention. Any one have any thing to say about this ?

Fox

*Quote is from this article at Yahoo News.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Howdy everyone. First off, Ive been studying 'Bird Flu' for around 2 years now yet some how never got round to posting in this forum, figure.

Scientists have identified around 100 genes that the H5N1 bird flu virus needs in a host in order to replicate, and this finding may help in the hunt for ways to block its proliferation.

Now we know what it needs to replicate, maybe we could find a way of preventing it; i think that this is a great step towards prevention. Any one have any thing to say about this ?

Fox

*Quote is from this article at Yahoo News.

Doesn't anyone ELSE find it odd that first SARS, and now the "bird flu" seem to predominately strike Asians?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was thinking that as well, maybe its because poultry out there is handled in a different way to other places, H5N1 is spread through contact with excretion and secretions. Since we are not naturally exposed to it our immune systems cant deal with it. So maybe they handled the 'out-goings' of the infected stock.

Fox

join