It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Punnet's a Deacon now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I didn't even know he was a priest, I sortof knew he was a bit religious. I listen to C2C every night and think it's kindof interesting that they have a Catholic priest and now Deacon as one of their hosts. Why am I posting this? I don't know, just thought other Coast to Coast fans might like to know
. Congrats Ian.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by MissInformation]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I like Ian as a Coast to Coast Host.
He's got a whacked sense of humor that I can relate to.
He's also a pretty decent storyteller.

There are a couple of photos of him "in uniform" on the Coast to Coast site.
www.coasttocoastam.com...

This is the first time I've seen, rather than just heard him.

and now, for the cliche:
He looks nothing like I expected.
I had a slightly grizzled surfer dude, as my mental picture.

But nope. He's got a face for radio, as they say..Sorry Ian!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Face for radio lol

I must correct myself he's not part of a Catholic organization, it's Episcopal.

There's three different hosts now (there used to be Art Bell who invented it but he quit). George Noory monday-friday, and everyone seems to take turns on weekends including the recaps of Art Bell Somewhere in Time. The fourth guy is George Knapp. Someone else already said this but George Noory kindof looks like Super Mario.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I've made a personal rule of thumb not to seek out photos of radio personalities. The first time I saw a pic of Ian I was taken aback. In fact I thought at first that the pic may have been mislabeled. Your surfer dude impression is not far off from my own. It's funny how we build mental images around voices we hear and how strange it is when we compare them to reality. Strangely enough, my mental image of Art was pretty close.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Who is the Catholic Priest?

Punnet a Deacon now? One more reason to stop listening.
Personally I can't stand Ian Punnet as host of C2C. He often doesn't give the respect to callers that the deserve. Maybe it is just me, but his voice/cadence also is annoying.

I stopped listening to C2C after Art Bell left this last time. Their connection to the [HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX] occured right at the same time, and I feel that they helped perpetuate that hoax by placating LMH at the very least. I don't know if Art Bell participated, in fact I think he packed up because of the amount of questions callers threw at him about it...

DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You ever seen Garrison Keelor from A prairie home companion. I love the guy, but his mug is one only a mother could love.
I 'think' Ian was taught by Jesuits. And nearly became a priest before he met his wife.
Ian is something of an enigma. Home for the homeless, voice of the voiceless etc.
He is always a fresh face/voice on c2c and gives it some variety.

He is mildly annoying at times Doc. But who isn't.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So Ian does have some Catholic background? Maybe he decided to be Episcopal so he could be married.

I've also noticed that sometimes Ian's a little disrespectful to his callers. Personally George Noory is my fave. He's able to talk to his callers about anything without getting too emotional or judgemental. He's really easygoing and intelligent. Art Bell sounded really intelligent too (but not as easygoing
).

What's this hoax thing on C2C you guys are talking about? (I've only been listening to it for a couple months).

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Perhaps Ian will take his spiritual calling as a sign to not do C2C interviews.

I've often listened to shows where I REALLY wanted to know what the guest was about.....Ian never helped fill in the blanks.
He's a terrible interviewer :shk:

And, what an odd combo: Episcopal Deacon and conspiracy radio host

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ian Punnett can annoy me to distraction on Coast to Coast.

However, I sincerely congratulate him on entering Anglican holy orders and becoming a deacon. A deacon's work is very difficult as it is meant to represent to other christians and the world the needs of the poor and the voiceless.

It is not easy to be ordained in the Episcopal Church. I salute him for his perseverance and fortitude in following his calling, and I wish him joy on his journey.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ian Punnett can be irritating, but at least he is a little more genuine than Noory is. Noory has no real interest in the topics covered, if you listen to him in the right way, this becomes quite obvious.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
George Noory seems genuinely interested in his guests topics. He sounds like he cares and asks good questions. Noory is my favorite C2C host. I like Ian Punnet too, he has a good sense of humor. I like all the hosts actually.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Crescent Moon]

new topics

top topics

join