It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can a house be haunted without "Activity"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My title may be a little misleading, so I will try to explain......I have a 3 year old daughter who has always seen "monsters" and "ghosts" in our house. My husband and I have always chalked it up to an over active imagination and a love for Scooby Doo cartoons.

However, two nights ago I woke up because I heard my daughter kinda mumbling and fussing in her sleep. I looked into her room, and there she was, fast asleep, so I figured she must have been dreaming. I went to use our hallbath room since I was up, and while I was washing my hands, I noticed in my periphery (spelling?) my daughter walking past the bathroom door. But when I turned to look at her and ask why she was out of bed, it wasn't her! It was black legs that kept walking past the doorway. Needless to say, I froze for a second and my heart skipped a beat. Once I regained myself, I looked into my daughter's room, and there she was, still fast asleep.

We do not live in an old house and have never had any strange occurances other thatn our daughter saying she sees monsters and ghosts. Is it still possible that our house is "haunted"?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My brother and I shared a room growing up. He is four years younger than I. When he was about five he saw and spoke of a man that wore a flanel shirt. He also spoke french, than could not speak french later in life. Over the years we have shared our experiences. In all I believe you can live in a home with spirits, but as a young child you are more open to accepting them. Being haunted is usually seen as evil. Most times they are spirits who are stuck in a place. If you treat them normally, usually they will be less noticable over time. In my life I have many experiences, and have never been much for freaking out. Feel free to let them know what bothers you, they will leave you be.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Spirits don't have to be set in a certain place I believe.... Some are free to come and go as they please and could be connected to certain furniture or heirlooms, even people.... I've had my fair share of encounters with spirits and so far none of them have been negative that I can remember, just ask yourself if they are doing any harm besides making your daughter scared... I would really start to worry if physical things started to happen to either you or her..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You're describing activity. Something happening that people are kind of aware of. If there was no activity, a ghost that just sits and watches, that nobody ever sees or senses, how would you know?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated6

Luckily, she is not frightened by what she sees.

I just wonder if what I saw was something residual, a shadow person, or an intelligent entitly.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Which is why I stated in my OP that my title may be misleading. I'm just not sure if what I have is a haunting per se......

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by quaple_pouge

I don't think you are having a "haunting" for the simple fact that most the activity you describe is just based on seeing things... I consider haunting to be more with physical manipulations of things with harmful intent probably... You probably have a spirit lurking around but as long as their is no malicious intent, I don't think you could classify it as a haunting... If it starts to get more active and violent then I think you should start a new thread so someone could help you out...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"black legs?"- do you mean disembodied legs walking along? I am trying to picture what you are talking about. You say they are black- I wonder if this is another shadow person siting. I'll wait for your description before I say anything else.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Yes, they were like human legs, only they were opaque black. And it was just pretty much from the waist down. It was small, I thought it was my 3 year old daughter at first until I turned and fully saw it. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if I heard footsteps or if it was just the movement that caught my attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not positive it was only legs, but I am pretty sure. It was fairly dark as I did not have any lights on but I DEFINITELY saw the legs walking past. Of course I may have only seen the legs since I was looking down expecting to see my daughter.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oh I see- I get it now. It does sound like a shadow person. We talk about them a lot here. You can do a search and find threads on it. It is a lot of conjecture, but people are sharing similar experiences. Most do not believe they are "ghosts" in the sense of the word. There are many interesting theories, though.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Is it possible that my daughter has been seeing these shadow people for a while even though my husband hasn't seen anything and I only saw something for the first time the other night?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well if you saw it, and your daughter as been talking about it, I would definitely give her the benefit of the doubt. That is not likely coincidence unless you have a very over active imagination.

Also this is your chance to squash any developing "spirit/ghost/shadow people" bias by telling her they are non-corporal Americans and they may be different but that doesn't mean they are bad. : )

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Well, she does grab her little flashlight a lot and asks her dad or me to "Come see the monster!". I am certainly more likely to believe that she has indeed been seeing something after seeing something myself. Whatever it is, I'm just glad she isn't afraid of it......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Its good she has a flashlight. You can tell her to turn it on and shine it at the thing. It will give her a sense of power if she does start getting scared. My daughter is 9 and she doesn't get very scared seeing them , either. I'm glad. I dont like to see little kids living in fear. They should go to bed with no worries.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You are right, children should go to bed with no worries. Thank God, she does.

Thank you for your insight into this.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't know if this helps...

I would recommend looking up the shadow people threads on here. There seem to be many different types of encounters, some kind of benign and some malicious.

As far as it being small, there are adult human sized shadow people, animal sized/shaped ones, and kid sized ones.

Maybe you saw a small one. I am positive I have an entity in my house. It "knocks" and may dim the lights (don't know if it's me or it causing the interference), but that's about it. It hasn't hurt me. I think it just wants to be left alone. It didn't like it when we could see it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Madhatter did you post that story somewhere? Got a link? Sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

No, not yet. If I do, I'm probably going to post them on my website. It'll be easier for me to keep track of them all.

The gist of the story is:
the ether fuzz/dots were really thick one night. A friend could see the entity. I felt it, felt the coldness as it moved from one room to the room we were in. It rocked the chair she was in and tried to get into her to talk through her. She & a few others heard it say something like "what are you doing here?" cuz she didn't live there. & it seemed suprised and unhappy she could see it. I MAY have seen it, it was hard to tell.

And ever since that night, I've heard "knocks" on my ceilings. They only happen in rooms I am in. They don't happen in adjacent rooms. Of course it changes rooms, according to which one I am in.

[edit on 7/16/2008 by madhatter3113]

[edit on 7/17/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

Yeah, I did look up the shadow people threads after posting this tread. I think that is what I saw, but I am still kinda confused as to exactly what a shadow person is.

I haven't seen anything else, and I am not normally a real jumpy person, but I have been a little since that night.

I would also be interested in hearing more about your entity!

[edit on 16/7/08 by quaple_pouge]

new topics

top topics

join