It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Questions About HPV Vaccine (Gardasil)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here's a fabulous site about vaccines and the page below dedicated to HPV.

National Vaccine Information Center - America's Vaccine Safety Watchdog!

I hope this helps.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My daughter is 16 and we've discussed whether she should have this vaccine and came to a joint decision that she shouldn't. She may only be 16 but I don't impose my opinions on her - she gets a say in her life! Some parents disagree and think as her parent I should tell her what to do. I prefer to guide her, tell her all options and let her make her own decisions knowing the full consequences.

Anyway, I had cervical cancer 20 years ago which was treated with a cone biopsy and thankfully it never came back. A friend of mine also had it but it spread to her womb which she had removed and she's never had children. Another friend was diagnosed 2 years ago and she died last summer.

My daughter had all those facts, read more on the internet and discussed it with some friends as well as me.

I've always stressed to her the importance of condoms against STDs as well as pregnancy but amazingly none of her friend's parents have mentioned anything to do with sex! I'm not saying she'll behave like a sweet little angel but I have armed her with as much information as possible and the rest is up to her. She doesn't want the vaccine. She tells me she's still not sexually active and I have no reason to doubt that. She plans on going to Uni and having a career. Boyfriends and babies don't get a look in at the moment - she has a great social life with boys and girls her age and is enjoying having fun.

Decisions about these vaccines shouldn't be up to doctors and parents without taking the individual child into account and 9 is way too young!

By the way I also discuss these subjects with my sons - aged 12 and 10. There's more to sex than just what they're taught at school in biology classes!

(Edit for spelling)

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Wow.
I suppose you know how absolutely incredible wonderful lucky you are?
Good for her - growing up straight and looking forward to a good future.
More power to you both!

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

Good for you and your daughter, I raised my two children with all the information I could given them about sex and any other related topic that they show interest in, I was a mother that never lie to them about anything related to that topic and I gave them the facts good, pretty and ugly.

The grew into adulthood with all the facts, information and help they needed and to my surprised until this day now one 25 and the other 22 I am proud of both of them and their choices.

Information and awareness helps a lot to bring more responsible teens and later adults about life.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
All Mexican males to be castrated by order of the and Mexican Health Minister.
This, in effect, is what is happening if they get their way;
www.cdcnpin.org... Forcing all women in Mexico to take the
HPV vacine will result in a bloodbath.
Notice they attack the women because they can't defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i also declined this shot for my 16 yr old, and will for my 11 yr old also.
also, because neither of my 3 children have ever had chickenpox-although they were exposed to it many times-they were forced to get this shot and will have to get one for the rest of their life, as a booster, but they didn't tell me that if they get chicken pox as an adult, it was much more deadly.
then when the swine flu hysteria came through the us., i again refused the shots, was called into the school, berated, etc, still declined, and guess what? no one in my family got sick- but every one of our family members who received those shots got sick. Big pharma is out to make a dollar off any hysteria they can swirl up, at least be as informed as you can, for your family's sake....
edit on 6-9-2011 by wantthetruth because: double sentence

top topics

<< 1   >>

join