It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi 'Dr Death' believed to be living in South America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Nazi 'Dr Death' believed to be living in South America

www.guardian.co.uk

One of the most notorious Nazis of the Third Reich, known as "Dr Death", is believed to be alive in South America, a human rights organisation said today.

A leading Nazi-hunter at the Simon Wiesenthal Centre said there was strong evidence that Aribert Heim, who would now be 94, was living in either southern Chile or Argentina.

The former Austrian SS member, who documented the hundreds of victims he murdered and tortured during the second world war tops the centre's list of most-wanted Nazi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I would be really surprised if they find him living, they will most likely find a grave. At 94 years old and on the run for so many years living life like this would certainly take it's toll.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Opps I didn't add this other source:

Israel's chief Nazi hunter has gone to Chile to step up the hunt for the most wanted Nazi fugitive, believed to be in the country or neighbouring Argentina.

Efraim Zuroff says new information strongly suggests Aribert Heim - known as Dr Death - is hiding in Patagonia, where his daughter lives.

Heim tortured and killed prisoners in Mauthausen concentration camp in WWII.
Most wanted Nazi sought in Chile

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If he is there and still alive I wonder what there chances are of finding him?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
is it really worth it at this age anyway?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
is it really worth it at this age anyway?

There is no real point to locking up anybody of that age unless they are a present danger to soceity. This man has been a danger to no one in the last 60 years. He's practically been imprisoned in South America since then and has had to wave farewell forever to the Austia he once loved. This doesn't excuse whatever he may or may not have done but locking him up will do no good.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
On one hand if they capture him and imprison him he will most likely die soon after, but justice would have been served.

On the other hand if they do nothing, that would be sending a message that if you mass murder people and are able to avoid capture of a long time, then somehow that makes it all ok. Either way he will die soon anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
On one hand if they capture him and imprison him he will most likely die soon after, but justice would have been served.

On the other hand if they do nothing, that would be sending a message that if you mass murder people and are able to avoid capture of a long time, then somehow that makes it all ok. Either way he will die soon anyway.

I don't know, that message is already cast in stone, from Amin to Mugabe to North Korea etc etc

Some are just more "guilty", apparently, than others

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
To be honest, it just sounds like an epic waste of time trying to hunt down a man who is most probably dead. Even if they did catch him, who could really stomach killing a 94 year old man... regardless of his previous actions.

It seems to me that the "Nazi hunters" are no better than the Nazis themselves... they seek to capture and execute their enemy in the same manner as the Nazis did to Jews.

Surely there is some better use for their time? Such as sorting out the West Bank/ Gaza?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The only good I could see in tracking him down would be to fill in the gaps in the history books.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Thanks for the reply, but really do you think they will ever sort out the West Bank and Gaza??

The circle of violence just keeps going around.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This was done by Dateline 15 yrs ago..

This isn't really new news.. I have known people like this are all over South America and other parts of Latin America...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
sorry i was thinking of the angel of death/

doc death is 94 years old. born april 1914, i doubt he is worth very much at this point..

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
it's called justice. this man has the deaths of hundreds on his hands. he took their lives, and got away. probably maybe even lived in luxury. if still alive, pointless to kill him. maybe have him work (treat him well) till he dies in some way that will make amends.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It was known months ago that he was probably in South America See link:

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

Also the UK doesn't really give a toss, our lot have been pretty pathetic in trying to bring known war criminals to justice.

findarticles.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is so retarded.

You wanna track down a 94 yr old and put him in prison LOL?!?!?

So stupid, someone needs psychological help. Im not talking about the OP.
Im talking about the dumb person that wants to jail a 94 yr old thats gonna die the moment you put handcuffs on him.

Whats done is done it over, nazis are gone. Except in th USA.
Move on wow. These guys are 100 now.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Thanks for the reply, but really do you think they will ever sort out the West Bank and Gaza??

The circle of violence just keeps going around.

Hmm thats a fair question.

Personally I dont believe that there will ever be a peaceful solution. One side must emerge victorious from a definitive conflict. A two state solution is workable if Israel decide to stop occupying further, and if the palestinians decide to cede all presently occupied land. Somehow I doubt that.

Dare I say, could we be seeing "Palestinian hunters" or "Jew hunters" from either side once the conflict is over? Its useless to hold grudges... the Nazi hunters should be ashamed of putting revenge before progress.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
the Nazi hunters should be ashamed of putting revenge before progress.

good point.

i think they are doing in a sad atempt to make a name for them selves. everyone needs a job. and maybe some how they think it will help them sleep at some point. but IMHO, this man won his game a long time ago. what he did was wrong, but he still got to live the rest of his life without having to pay for his crimes. he is pratically dead now anyways.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He wouldn't go to prison. He would probably be taken to Israel like Eichmann, tried and executed.

That is, if he is still alive and if they catch him. If he is alive then I think they will catch him. They found Eichmann, kidnapped him back to Israel, and executed him.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join