It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible glitch in the forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm new here, and made my first post in a thread about "Black-Eyed Kids" ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) about fifteen hours ago (early in the morning). Now, I thought that my post simply required time to be processed and appear in the thread, but it appeared as having been posted in my profile. I checked the thread again, and my response wasn't there on the last displayed page. I manually entered what would be the URL for the next page (/pg19), and sure enough, my response was the only post there, and the jump-to numbers at the top of the page extended forward as if there were at least three subsequent pages to read. I'm wondering why the nineteenth page doesn't show up naturally in the thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This happens on long threads sometimes. I believe your post will be the next one on page 19 when someone makes a post after yours.

I'll make a post in the thread and your post should become visible.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kohr-Ah

Yep, it's a grimlen that has been around a long time. As soon as another post is made on that page, yours will show up too.

All I can say is it's a big site and there's bound to be problems when there's that much coding.

Most of us have just learned to live with it. If a post is really important, I've been known to go get some more information and post a second time, rather than just wait for someone else to post. The second post on a page that hangs like that usually clears it right up.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick responses, I'll keep that advice in mind as I continue posting.

new topics

top topics

join