It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HealthMap, Track Disease Outbreaks In Real Time With Google App.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

HealthMap, Track Disease Outbreaks In Real Time With Google App.

blog.wired.com

A new website, HealthMap, addresses that challenge by siphoning up text from Google News, the World Health Organization and online discussion groups, then filtering it and boiling it down into mapped data that researchers -- and the public -- can use to track new disease outbreaks, region by region......

"There is so much information on the web about disease outbreaks but it's obscured by garbage and noise," said John Brownstein, a professor at Harvard Medical School, and co-founder of HealthMap.org. "The idea of HealthMap is to get filtered, valuable information to the public and public health community in one freely available resource."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciam.com
newswire.ascribe.org
www.vnunet.com

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This really looks like a valuable tool for people that want (need) to track outbreaks of disease in the area they live or an area they plan to visit. It's a global disease alert map that's well worth adding a link to in your favorites/bookmarks.

Check the site directly at this link:

www.healthmap.org...

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Whoo hoo! This will be a boon for hypochondriacs
This is the kind of information I probably don't want to know, but I am glad that they thought of it.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks AD

This is a cool site. I will add this to my favorite button, keep an eye on things.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if the big Bird Flu pandemic hits, will this website be able to handle the traffic?

It would suck if in the biggest crisis you can't connect to the website.

top topics

join