It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desert Oasis: Oil Sheiks Plan 'Green' City, Look to Alternative Energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Desert Oasis: Oil Sheiks Plan 'Green' City, Look to Alternative Energy

www.foxnews.com

ABU DHABI, UAE — The United Arab Emirates won't run out of oil for about a century, but it's already committing billions to help wean the world off the very product that made it rich.

The UAE, which pumps millions of barrels of oil every day, wants to become an alternative energy hub. It has made an initial investment of $15 billion for its Masdar Initiative, which it hopes will establish it as a leader in the field of green energy
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You know something this disappoints me. The USA used to lead the way on stuff like this and now the same people who lived on camels 80 years ago are now leading us into the future. This isnt a bash on Arabs at all I commend them this is a bash on the state of the good ole US of A. We are no longer the leaders in anything. Hell even basketball in which I though we had that licked for another 50 years we cant even hang anymore.

I dont know its frustrating to me. The sad thing is they are using American universities like MIT to help them with this project. Just goes to show you what you what you can do if you dont take all your wealth and use it to blow up the world. Congrats to the UAE for being a leader.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join