It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Round of Applause for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You may have noticed a few negative threads about the state of ATS recently. I think the issue we're dealing with here is choice.

First, I'd like to thank the ATS founders for everything they've created and maintained. You made a choice to provide a public forum to discuss wide ranging ideas, which may not be generally accepted by society. The time you chose to take from your everyday life, from your friends and family, to give to us could hardly be repaid. In the process I believe you've added new friends, and a dear family at ATS, of which I'm proud to be a part of.

Second, I'd like to thank the moderators for their personal effort and diligence. You have all made a considerable contribution to ATS, first as a member, and then as a mod. You keep ATS moving strong and I sincerely appreciate the time you spend keeping it all together.

Third, I'd like to thank the people I've shared ideas and discussions with. There are many topics we find interesting which don't easily transfer to everyday work chit chat. If it were not for other curious souls I'm sure my head would have exploded somewhere along the line. You have created an exciting climate to learn from and I am continually impressed with your knowledge and spirit.

Lastly, I would like to address those who are upset with ATS or the direction it has gone. Many people have complained that the site is being clogged with hoaxers and childish topics. These are the same people who choose to spend their time creating, and complaining in those threads. The same people who choose to spend their time on this site in general. You have every right to your opinion, and there have been some ridiculous threads in the past, but you have the choice to bypass those threads and let them die. Your negative comments are a waste of time, and only further fuel the fire you wish would die. The internet is not the escape from life where information is happily pre-packaged and filtered to suit your needs, you must still make a choice. You are not subject to the whim of bored hoaxers and malicious trolls. Have fun, remember why you came here, and don't allow others to bring you down.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Star.

Sorry, it's not the right shape and color (and it's on my post instead of yours) but it's the best I could do.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ATS is great, thank you to every single person who has contributed.

Every Hoax we debunk is ignorance denied.

Every unanswered question we raise promotes thought.

If this site helps you think outside the box, question authority, or do research, it is helping not harming.

Who cares if we never find bigfoot? If we did someone would 'debunk' him and say "well you're not the missing link- we know where you are..."

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I also want to thank ATS. It truly is a great site. I completely admire the strength and consistency in those who keep it running better and better everyday.

Awareness is the key. This site values it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very well said Parabol, I agree with all your points, indeed a deserved Round of Applause for ATS but also for your initiative.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Agreed...........applause deserved.I think that the topics discussed on here can cause heated debates a they represent a great clash of sometimes values,beliefs,and logic.I think it is good in the long run even if like the Parabol said"we never find Bigfoot".Good post.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I hope ATS remains active and vibrant for months and years to come! So much good info is available here you just can't find anywhere else. If not for ATS, where would we be spending our time?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Right on, and fully agree...

YOU are the type of poster that will ALWAYS keep ATS the greatest forum on the net.

Thank YOU - and ATS - and 99% of the ATS community for making it what it is.

there will always be a couple of sour apples in the bunch - but when you bake all the pies, you don't even notice them, and the result is still delicious...

Take care, friends...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I could not have said it better myself Parabol. The funniest bit is we were getting the same "ATS is going down the toilet" posts back in 2003 and 2004.

Anyone who looks, really looks at the data (the actual threads) from 2004 or 2003 and compares them to this year will be shocked at how much BETTER/more important/higher quality today's content is.

It's all ratios and attention. The "silly stuff" is going to increase right along with the "serious/good stuff" and if you are only looking for the "silly stuff" that's all you'll see.

Anyone who spends their day looking for negatives will have a full basket of sour grapes come sundown.

Thanks Parabol.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm surprised that we are not seeing more activity on this thread. I guess it's easier to complain than to praise.

This forum is pretty much what you make of it (as is so much else in life). I found that if I feel a particular thread is not 'worthy' in my view, I simply ignore it. It's hard to contend that the threads are all becoming silly or outrageous when you consider what the project is all about - CT lends itself to the extreme at times, that's to be expected. Unfortunately I'm not among those who's threads are 'attention magnets', in fact I know I have a long way to go if I ever want to be recognized as a 'star' in the community. But that isn't my goal, and while I may be numbered among those who's threads are boring or just not appealing, I don't do it for the attention. I just want to help the community as best I can.

Anyway, at the risk of waxing sycophantish - thanks to all for the founders, moderators, and some exceptionally sage contributors for the great content, the medium provided, and the approach used to maintain as 'open' an atmosphere as possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
You have every right to your opinion, and there have been some ridiculous threads in the past, but you have the choice to bypass those threads and let them die. Your negative comments are a waste of time, and only further fuel the fire you wish would die.

So well said, Parabol. It really does get old when members choose to participate in a thread and then cry and boo-hoo about it later. If they are not getting what they need from ATS then I wish they would just walk away and re-examine why they are here in the first place.

I will choose to walk away from a thread rather then hang around and make fun of it. Well, maybe there was one or two...I'm just being honest, hehe. But I also take full responsibility for the threads I do participate in. I'm not going to go all sobby sobby on the boards blasting a thread or member after I made the decision to participate. What kills me most of all are those "I have such and such evidence" threads that members will waste their time posting twenty pages of "are they back yet", "we're still waiting", "where did the op go", "it's been 20 pages and nothing yet" posts. They bring it on themselves. I'm more the type to sit back and see how something unfolds.

Anyway, kudos to ATS....staff, mods and members. Great thread Parabol and a big flag for you.

Rush

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You may have noticed a few negative threads about the state of ATS recently. I think the issue we're dealing with here is choice.

Yes, as in the choice to voice one’s opinion about a site he loves.. that IS choice.

Lastly, I would like to address those who are upset with ATS or the direction it has gone. Many people have complained that the site is being clogged with hoaxers and childish topics. These are the same people who choose to spend their time creating, and complaining in those threads. The same people who choose to spend their time on this site in general. You have every right to your opinion, and there have been some ridiculous threads in the past, but you have the choice to bypass those threads and let them die. Your negative comments are a waste of time, and only further fuel the fire you wish would die.

As the author of a “negative” thread, (in the rant section on the state of “proof”) I disagree. When the noise of hoaxing and “look at me” threads gets 90% of the front page and attracts more of the same every day, we have every right to call on ATS to improve.
Not ATS specifically, but the membership, people like you who self-admittedly, do nothing.

Yes, we choose to be here, but we have to wade through the gobbltygook now to get to anything real and it is getting harder and harder to determine what is real and what is not.
It is becoming a waste of our time where before it was not.

First, I'd like to thank the ATS founders for everything they've created and maintained.

I thank them as well, and a “negative” thread in essence does the same, those of us who choose to try and make ATS a better place by “complaining” rather than standing aside and saying the riffraff will take care of itself (which it does not.. no proof needed) I believe are contributing more to making this a great site than those who stand idly by and ignore it.

Two sides of a coin.

You want to thank ATS.. great, we’ll all stand in line behind you, but to then throw those of us who care about the state of ATS under the bus is disingenuous.

new topics

top topics

join