It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something BIG about to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If i remember correctly, there has been a connection with increase UFO activity/sightings and big events happening throughout history.

If you believe that the theories of angels being aliens you could argue that they were present during the important events in the bible.

Foo Fighters and other craft were a regular sighting during the World Wars.

I believe I read that there was an increase in sightings during the time the atomic bomb was being developed.

Solar ecclipses have even seemed to produce more sightings.

So, to me it seems that over the past year and a half there has been a huge increase of UFO sightings around the world. So much so that even CNN and other news channels are now covering it, to some extent. Could this increase in sighthings be because there is a big event that is about to take place? It seems that the war, fuel and food prices, natural disasters, heck even worrying about 2012 is causing a bit of unrest and panic. Are we on the verge of something big happening?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Every day i log on expecting it but nothing ever does. Yes, we have more sightings but not much else. Still nothing solid to wave in the face of the doubters .....

Same with the US/Iran debacle, every week someone claims its getting closer but all you see is the same old sabre rattling from both sides.

Im almost becoming a skeptic!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I understand your skepticism. I mean, its a good thing that nothing serious has happened. For some reason I think that this year is going to start things off. Just a feeling i have for some reason.

But if 2012 passes with no major events, i think i can live the rest of my life without having to worry about dire predictions ever again.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
give me a time .. or even a year.. where nothing big did not happen?? something big will happen every year, never fails.. its a big earth... lots of stuff happens.. earthquakes.. floods.. fires. hurricanes... etc.. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

I think the original poster meant the "ET" phenomenon,
as in leading up to 2012 we will begin to see more and
more of these objects.
I agree and have been watching it happen over the skies
in the UK for the past few weeks!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I dont have a time date or anything specific. Just a thought, thats all. Yeah something big happens every year, but not world war big. I am talking about something on a grand scale, not just a hurricane here or a earthquake there. Of course somthing like that happens every year.

Again I have nothing to base this on except my own putting two and two together.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So, to me it seems that over the past year and a half there has been a huge increase of UFO sightings around the world. So much so that even CNN and other news channels are now covering it, to some extent. Could this increase in sighthings be because there is a big event that is about to take place? It seems that the war, fuel and food prices, natural disasters, heck even worrying about 2012 is causing a bit of unrest and panic. Are we on the verge of something big happening?#

Every year without fail - something "big" is going to happen and usually in the Summer too. And every time, obviously without fail, nothing happens.

I admit, even I have a nagging feeling that some life-changing event is going to take place, but nothing ever does. When do you decide to ignore it? Where do you draw the line?

As for 2012 - who knows? Soon enough it will be 2009, we're almost there. Let's just hope, if anything does happen, it will change the world for the better.

As for the current 'UFO flap', I am certain that most of the sightings (particularly from the UK) can be put down to Chinese fire lanterns. The Sun, who are behind most of the reports, seem to be taking full advantage of the situation. Objectivity goes out the window.

The same thing happened a few years ago - mass sightings on the M25. Pulsing orange lights, lots of witnesses, news coverage... You guessed it, those damn lanterns again.

I'm still going to watch the sky, just incase.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
All these memes are designed to keep people in expectation of something big happening, so they don't get off their asses and do something themselves.

It's all mindcontrol. Something big may or may not happen, it always might, no point in sitting around in expectation. Now, if people actually go for something big...

join