It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wave Generating Device - Puts you to sleep almost instantaneously

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't know if this is what's in use, but it's my best guess. Why do I think this? I live in Las Vegas, the unofficial capitol of odd occurrences. My work involves a considerable amount of traveling throughout the city. I've come to notice that in rather specific bits of highway, I very often am virtually overwhelmed with the need to sleep. I mean, I can try every trick in the book and regardless, my attention is shutting down and my eyes are closing [period]. Its as if I've been driving for 15 hours and my body is saying, "WE ARE DONE FOR A BIT."; except I've only been up for 4 hours and driving 20 minutes.

This phenomenon only occurs on a stretch of highway that is approximately 4 miles in length. The time of day seems irrelevant. I'd say it occurs about 7 out of every 10 times I drive the stretch of highway.

Last night however, I had a similar experience, but it was continuous from shortly after leaving my home until I returned and slept for about 5 hours. Normally I would guess I was just tired, but there was no reason. I'd had plenty of sleep and food and so forth. It was very much just out of nowhere. It was also stronger than usual. I exercised some questionable judgment in not pulling over and fighting my way home, for there were a number of moments of total loss of consciousness, followed by the expected high adrenaline moments of re-awakening.

My next step of analysis is to pay sharp attention to what I consume in relation to the occurrences.

Anyone with similar experience or ideas?
cheers
-v

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Supposedly there is a form of hypnosis that usually truckers suffer from that comes from staring at the lines in the road for too long. You did state that you travel a lot correct? Adrenal fatigue could also cause lethargy in the middle of the day regardless of diet or sleep. This is usually brought on by the usage of too many stimulants during the day too often. Too much coffee, asthma medication, or even fat burners will leave feeling like that. I once heard that a low dosage of DHEA could lessen this sensation. I'm just stabbing in the dark here.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hmmm good ol notorious Las Vegas, i would suggest driving down the freeway with a gammer ray next time

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The title to this thread is misleading.

Also, try getting some sleep. You are probably only falling asleep on that stretch of highway because it is particularly long and straight without any other features. This happens to a lot of people. Some people call it car hypnosis or something like that. When there is nothing to engage your mind, you can have the tendency to drift off. Add to that the car vibrations and white noise and it will put you to sleep. A lot of people report lost time while driving down highways due to the tendency to zone out.

It is probably the features, or lack thereof, of that road that put you to sleep. And honestly, how can you title a post, "wave generating device - puts you to sleep immediately" as though you had any evidence of anything? You are just sleepy.

Also, if the military has a theoretical "wave generating" device, which they might have. Why would they activate it on a stretch of highway? Are there a lot of accidents or disappearances along that stretch of highway? Do you see other drivers nodding as you drive there?

Anyway, get some rest and change the thread title to be more accurate.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's not desert highway, the land is developed on both sides of the freeway like in any city. as far as getting sleep, I had plenty of sleep. there wasn't even a remote possibility of the issue being actual fatigue. The whole point is that it's locale specific. once out of the area, I'm fine. anyway, make of it what you will... I know what it's like to be tired and I know when things just aren't right. Or maybe (more likely) I don't know poo.

top topics

join