It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The terrifying moment armed police held down an innocent man on train and put a gun to his head

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmmm .. Creating unfounded fear .. I'snt that called Terrorism ?

Really who are the terrorists? These police seem to fill the role nicely ..
They really want to put a face on these guys don't they ?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
To be truthful, I wouldn't blame the police. I never blame the police for not catching someone. They've got a damn difficult job and do what they can. I blame the person that committed the crime for doing it in the first place. But, yeah, I know what you mean. The general population would blame them.

My brother-in-law's brother (what relation does that make him to me then??) is in the ARU. He's one of the armed guards that stands outside 10 Downing Street. I might try to contact him for info. He's a really nice guy and it would be nice to get an 'insiders' point of view as well.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Nammu]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Nammu]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'm glad they're investigating this. I just hope we get to hear the final findings. Too many times have I heard that incidents wil be investigated and can't find the conclusion. Not that they don't reach a final conclusion, just that the MSM never bothers reporting it.

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The only resemblence to the Menendez case i can see here is the fact that he's on a station with armed police.

The article clearly states that the police were called in after an earlier armed incident in Basingstoke. That could be a bank job, a mugging, anything really.

So all they were doing was arresting a possible armed suspect, not a suspected suicide bomber. Totaly different proceedure.

Looks like they acted in a professional manner, got the incident sorted and the guy was'nt harmed. Police don't get it right every time, but thankfully most of those times the suspect is released unharmed after they realise theres been a mistake.

CX.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

You can always find the information if you dig around. If it's to do with the Police, check out the particular forces website. If the IPCC are involved, check theirs.

Don't rely on the MSM to relay the information, because invariably the results come out some months after the event, by which time the MSM isn't interested and has moved on to other things.

Information is always available, just dig around for it. Failing that, you could always go the whole hog and submit an FOIA request.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When I was 17 my friends and I were recording a small 'movie' of sorts in the park. We were playing and then in about 20 mins 3 police cars and a suburban opened their doors and said "FREEZE" so thats what we did... It scared me and my friends very much.
They asked what are you doing?!
We said recording a movie for a class.
They put their GUNS away and said to go home.
That's the first and only time I had a gun pointed at me, and it was a COP.
I would like to be a COP but I think they went to far on that one.
Why would you pull a gun out at a bunch of preppy kids in a country club park?

But hey that's the way things work right?

I think the police needs to take better consideration in what they do and be conscious of the power they hold. It's not the MOVIES and it isn't TV, it's real life and people get hurt or scared period.

I remember this video I saw of this man that "pulled a gun out" and got shot, it was a cell phone... The man's dead... so there you go.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
to be honest, I have long since lost respect for the police force and the laws which they are enforcing

(I realise this does not help when dealing with a potential armed criminal, just making a wider point)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Most of you know me as a libertarian... and probably expect me to be disgusted with this situation. But I'm not.

In this case, it was a simple case of mistaken identity. That happens, and there's not much anyone can do to prevent it.
The police admitted they caught the wrong guy, and let him lose again.

Back during peace times, these mistaken identity problems happened all the time.

I've been brought in on mistaken identity. Apparently I looked like a guy who was spotted breaking into cars.
A quick check on my history, a few questions later, they set me free again and apologized for the mistaken identity.
I wasn't upset about it. I was a little set back in my schedule, but it was no big deal. They hadn't infringed on any of my liberties. They were just doing their job. A fellow citizen had reported someone matching my description as having broken into their car... and the police saw me, matching that description.

In fact... if they hadn't picked me up in those circumstances, it would mean the cops are incompetent, and then I'd have a problem with them.

What I DO have a problem with, is the people who are detained being pulled out of the judicial system, and into camps like Guantanamo where they can have ALL liberties stripped from them, and even a few human rights too!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

I wonder what would happen if the police decided to stop responding until someone either started shooting people or detonated a bomb just so they could make sure they didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't know the British legal system.

Specifically, are people (legally) considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Anyways, in a world full of terrorists and England has seen more than its fair share, what is too much guard against terrorists?

Certainly, we (most of us) would want a terrorist with weapons and or a bomb/bomb belt stopped before they can kill innocent people.

Now, that said, if they-the police/mi5/6, whomever, are wrong, the victim should get a small monitory compensation, say a few hundred euros and a sorry letter explaining late/not making work..........

It is a sad thing to realize that this is necessary to do in a world of murdering/sick terrorists.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Specifically, are people (legally) considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Your supposed to be, but with today's media attention sometimes a fair trial cannot really be guaranteed if it's high profile. Same anywhere though, I suppose!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Stu,

Sadly I must agree with you.

I clearly remember a case where a bride to be disappeared and the poor sod was convicted in the court of media within a week.

Shortly thereafter, she was found, seems she got cold feet and ran away.

Poor sod's reputation was distroyed and his life made hell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join