It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information needed for Che Guevara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The man Che Guevara has become a picture of freedom now. But as I talk about him with people who know him for real, they see no picture of freedom but a killer.

Propaganda is something that controls information. I need no lies. But truth about Che Guevara. I need honest truth about what he stood for, why he did kill people and what were the reasons. The main thing I am hitting on, is that, if it was not for Che Guevara would this world be worse off or better?

I do not wanna assume anything without proper knowledge about this man, I am sure it would come down to basically what do I want to believe from the facts given, but I need more information than just facts that would make it impossible to have to chose, I know there is a definite yes or no to this man.

thanks for your help

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
From what I understand about El Che is that he started out as a young idealist, and was swept into the revolutionary movement. Somewhere along the way he lost his humanity and centered on hardcore ideology.

In short the man is a romanticized killer. He is far from being deemed an honorable man.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
From what I understand about El Che is that he started out as a young idealist, and was swept into the revolutionary movement. Somewhere along the way he lost his humanity and centered on hardcore ideology.

In short the man is a romanticized killer. He is far from being deemed an honorable man.

Precisely. He was a communist revolutionary and Fidel Castro's right hand man. He is greatly misinterpreted.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Misinterpreted how? He was a murderer and henchman. How could his legacy ever be construed as that of a "picture of freedom"? He was at the beck and call of Castro and others, whose victims did not believe the same as them. I see no correlation between murdering to stifle freedom, and his supposed "picture of freedom". The man's soul deserves to rot in the deepest, hottest spot in hell right next to Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
The man Che Guevara has become a picture of freedom now. But as I talk about him with people who know him for real, they see no picture of freedom but a killer.

Propaganda is something that controls information. I need no lies. But truth about Che Guevara. I need honest truth about what he stood for, why he did kill people and what were the reasons. The main thing I am hitting on, is that, if it was not for Che Guevara would this world be worse off or better?

I do not wanna assume anything without proper knowledge about this man, I am sure it would come down to basically what do I want to believe from the facts given, but I need more information than just facts that would make it impossible to have to chose, I know there is a definite yes or no to this man.

thanks for your help

The "truth" about him is relative to your perspective. I'm sure in some circles he is regarded as a hero. In most others......see my previous post.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think he was really good looking and had a charm for the under dog of all Nations. My Mom told me almost conspiritorially one day...

Very big enemy of the state, but a secretly respected man of the 60's revolution.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
watched these vids a week or so ago. 10 part series from the history channel great watch. also his viography is pretty good i read it when i was in the service. intresting stuff indeed..

it would seem he became insane near the end

www.youtube.com...

hope it helps..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If you admire a man whose main achievement was executing people on their knees with their hands tied behind their back, and usually blindfolded, you might like him. he killed hundreds that way.

When he did almost have a chance for real battle he wounded himself.

The guy was a loud mouthed thug great at killing the defenseless, but not man enough to revolt against real tyranny, he was himself a tyrant.

Don't let truth and history color your vision of him though go watch some silly movie, and buy into the romance of a mass murderer like everyone else.

[edit on 11/7/2008 by ForkandSpoon]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Che is portrayed by our media and culture as an honorable man. This is not congruent with the facts. Most people who represent Che(clothing, books etc) know not what he did but what some people in America want him to be.

The comments on this thread are spot on. Ask history and multiple (from both sides) objective accounts and ignore the rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

join