It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS: Airline passengers must wear Tazer bracelets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

DHS: Airline passengers must wear Tazer bracelets

www.washingtontimes.com

This bracelet would:

• take the place of an airline boarding pass

• contain personal information about the traveler

• be able to monitor the whereabouts of each passenger and his/her luggage

• shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing him/her for several minutes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Zyes!! Thenk yew Department of zee Homeland Security. Vee have been waitg fur zis fur a loong time.

Heres your bracelet. Now go get on the plane.

Next if you want to drive your car, your DL will be replaced with a Tazer bracelet.

Oh, you kid going to school... yeah he's gonna need to get fitted for a bracelet.

Whats that? you going to the ball game... yeah we sell tazer bracelets in your team colors.

Whats that Mayor... umm yeah to qualify for federal funding your going to need to designate 45% of your city as Tazer bracelet required zones.

ATTENTION ALL PROTESTERS IN THE FREE SPEECH ZONE.... YOU MUST BE WEARING YOUR TAZER BRACELETS AT ALL TIMES...

Using public transportation... um yeah you'll need your tazer bracelet for identification purposes.

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Either I am having a mild seizure or I feel a prophecy coming on!

Yes, it is definately a seizure, accompanied by this vision:

I see an airplane falling. . . falling from the sky, no no not an airplane, a whole airline. . . not falling, failing. I see an airline with no passengers!
Empty airlplanes filled with boxes of taser bracelets, all being auctioned off.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah i certainly wont be flying with a dog collar or whatever this crap is. The sheer audacity of those at the DHS that assume we will all blindly follow their "this is for everyones safety" bull.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
they'll be boycotted off the face of the earth. they can make that move after the nwo, not before, someone got the memo wrong...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The mere existence of the proposition is a game changer all by itself.

Half-time is almost over, I think. Get ready to hit the field, team. Losing is not an option.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It just occured to me that there is actually a very suitable use for such a device.

Let every senator, congressman, etc. be fitted with one of these and let them recieve a 'gentle reminder' each time they forget that the task at hand is to represent the PEOPLE and the CONSTITUTION, not their own interests.

Perhaps it is the only way to claim back our elected representatives from their headlong rush toward insanity. These people have truly forgotten who they are charged to represent and what they are supposed to stand for. A bit of a reminder from time to time would seem to be in order.

Edit: Speeling

[edit on 7-7-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If indeed somehow they got this passed...I guess I'd be looking for a new job.

They can put one of those (along with the RFID) on my cold dead body.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Alright, I'm someone who thinks most of the anti-government stuff on ATS is political propaganda and hysteria over nothing, but this is definitely Big Brother/Police State type stuff. IF its optional - as in, someone wants to wear it because they can pass through security quicker - fine. If this is mandated, its time to riot. And I notice no where in the article does DHS say this would be optional...

Thankfully, this is still in the "were looking at it stages." If the DHS is anything like any other bureaucracy, this will immediately get shot down before it comes anywhere close to reality. If it doesn't, then things are pretty bad.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

I honestly think they've gone nuts, this will never fly with the public, pun intended.

They will be refused, and if the DHS is not careful, their actions will get every American up in arms. I am not advocating that in the least, I am saying this is what citizens will do.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
These people are seriously fascist. I dare them to put a dog collar on me. They think this will actually go through? Hey! DHS, screw you, you Nazi wannabes! Liberty or death never sounded so close to home. But right now this is how I feel.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

between that and the new real idea is why i opt to drive. if i need to leave the country i go by boat.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Don't they have things like this for dogs?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Don't they have things like this for dogs?

Never seen a shock collar?

They bark and get juiced.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Okay, conspiracy "theorists". All together now: I TOLD YOU SO!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
edocket.access.gpo.gov...

From the best I can figure, this Paul S. Ruwaldt is the dude responsible for recieving all contract and development proposals related to "Access Control, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Biometric Systems/Devices, and Credentialing of employees." This is some hardcore James Bond, Spy vs Spy type crap that he apparently oversees proposals for. Judging from the linked document, this bracelet may just be the tip of the iceberg. I can't help but wonder what other proposals they've recieved in the 2 and a half years since they issued this little request/guidelines for proposals notice. The only hits I can get related to the name Paul Ruwaldt and DHS or FAA seem to link up to either this document or some variant of this shock bracelet technology (Which, FYI was originally reported on in March according to my searches.)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A shock bracelet ?

OK...so it starts here for aircraft, then moves to federal buildings, then moves to schools and universities..

Dammit people. Then they will say 'free yourself from your collar have an RFID chip'.

See it coming yet ?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I would say that this gesture isnt neccessarily a totally thought out plan in what one would suspect to be a natural way.For one i dont imagine any airline company would want to weigh down their ticket sales by introducing a new device such as this.Unless theyre expecting people to look at it from an"oh god now were safe from terrorists"point of view,though i hope no one looks at it like this.

I imagine that this may be just the first of many places to come out with this type of security.I for one am now convinced that the governments are definatly working towards getting all of us under their thumbs before we realize what the hell is going on.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by toraylin]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
First, they make us walk through scanners so they can see us naked, subjecting some of us to humiliation and violation of cultural taboos.

Second, they want to put electro-shock choke collars on all of us via a "safety and security bracelet"!!!

Is it enough already?

Are you ready to rise up ... yet?

[edit on 8/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
For one i dont imagine any airline company would want to weigh down their ticket sales by introducing a new device such as this.

HDSS is generating all sorts of protocols that require private citizens as well as companies to do things without reimbursement.

Until the Republicans and Democrats are voted out of office wholesale, it will only get worse with the days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join