It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not the only one with EYE TWITCHING....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers,

I don't really post much other than comments and sometimes me just being very gullible to certain info I find in the internet. But this has been happening to me for the last month and most of the explinations that I have found don't help me a bit. If anyone else has this please feel free to explain and help me out with this because it's driving me nuts!!!

Eye Twitch Mecca

Help..

[edit on 7/7/2008 by jamiros]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Your link leads to a map..................................

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

its caused from stress or depression, you may be working out or burying

once that happens it usually manifests in physical actions, like anxiety, panic attacks, crying

eye twitching is linked to that

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm not depressed I'm happy my girlfriend and my mother are coming to visit.
I've been a boxer for a long time and wth is burying?

No caffeine, lots of sleep 3 day weekend and I don't have any logical explanation. I want to get rid of it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Can't help you there buddy,

But i get it from time to time too, and im not sure why either, sometimes it lasts for an hour, sometimes a few minutes...

Is it consistent, or does it go away after a while ?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

If it is eye twitching that really bothers you - maybe a visit to a doc will help.
I personally had a eye-twitching period (a week or two) during stressful situation that developed at work and at home simultaneously. Took magnesium supplement for a while. Do not know what helped - relaxing or magnesium. If you take medications/have health issues (like kidney problem) check if you can take magnesium.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have had this come and go, my advice is to try meditation if you like that sort of thing. If not, at least take some time every day to think about your problems and maybe figure out some solutions. Relieve your brain from those thoughts throughout the day and reserve them for that private time to contemplate.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Darce]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

Boxer too here.
I used to get a touch of it after training/sparring. and a LOT of it after grinding my face down a Greek road on a motorbike.

Maybe a tad of swelling/nerve damage/inflammation.?
Try an optician for a free eye exam.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
My left eye has been twitching for about two weeks now. Its driving me crazy too!
I don't feel stressed, am in a great relationship, and am self employed.
From the research I have done I found that most of the time it isn't anything serious, just annoying.
Do you have TMJ or get migraines? I have TMJ and read that it is a common side affect to have your eye or eyes twitch. Maybe you grind your teeth at night and don't realize it?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I get it every now and then. Not as much anymore. But I got it all the time when I was in high school. I went to see an eye doctor and he gave me glasses. The twitching increased so I quit wearing them. Plus, my vision is fine without glasses.

I get them in my foot and shoulder a lot now, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
Hello fellow ATSers,

I don't really post much other than comments and sometimes me just being very gullible to certain info I find in the internet. But this has been happening to me for the last month and most of the explinations that I have found don't help me a bit. If anyone else has this please feel free to explain and help me out with this because it's driving me nuts!!!

Eye Twitch Mecca

Help..

[edit on 7/7/2008 by jamiros]

Hello, I have Multiple Sclerosis and my first physical sign was eye twitching that would come and go for days at a time. I had 2 lumbar punctures which showed protein in the spinal fluid. Brain MRI showed no lesions which are almost always seen with MS. BUT my spinal MRI showed M.S. plaques. Spinal lesions first then brain lesions. My eye twitching came from my spinal cord plaques. At least thats what they say. I do not think I have M.S. for some reason. I think it is something else.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys!

I will be looking into seeing a doc for this it's really driving me nuts. I know it isn't stress because I don't have any problems at all. Not even financial. So I'll be ok, maybe it's because I fell while white water rafting a few weeks ago. Maybe that caused it.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Thanks for your feed back. It isn't MS I'm as strong as a horse and never ever get sick at all. But I could also check for that. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Eye twitching is just nerves.They can for no reason just start firing pulses down the line to the wrong spot for nothing.Although the human body is a work of art in itself, thats kind of what makes it perfect, its imperfection.
Its similar to when you have a pain in your back, but you get pain down your legs.Its referred pain however in this case its not a pain signal its a movement signal.Ive had it and it will go away.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
reply to post by Bachrk

Thanks for your feed back. It isn't MS I'm as strong as a horse and never ever get sick at all. But I could also check for that. Thanks!

I'm not saying its MS just thought I'd share. I was strong as a horse too!
I was really into bodybuilding and fitness shows, vitamins, and was never sick. Then one day I woke up and my leg was asleep and it stayed that way for a week or so before I went to the doctor. Couldn't feel anything in that leg up to the hip. Since then I've had major eye twitching, complete blindness in one eye, numb limbs, mental confusion, depression, etc. I then wake up one morning weeks or months later and the symptoms are gone as fast as they came.

I'm just saying never think your invincible. I did and I was wrong. I am very thankful for every day I have that's "normal"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I get it ocasionally, especially when stressed or tired, it can be normal. As for abnormal causes you might want to check out there is always EM radiation from mobile networks and seeing as your a boxer you might want to check for parkinson's.

Chances are it's nothing though, I've had it over a few days and then it was gone.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I feel you my friend... I hope all is well and that you're living life at it's fullest my best wishes and thoughts to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

You just hit me with a double whammy... I'm an RF engineer and a boxer bad combination I guess... It's worth checking it out with a doc.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here is a link to a recent discussion of eyelid twitching, in order to avoid recapitulating everything we said in that thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

Also, I agree with ZeroKnowledge's comment that when considering taking supplements for magnesium deficiency, make sure you don't already have a condition such as kidney disease that makes it unwise to take supplemental magnesium.

Be aware that magnesium deficiency is especially common among folks who work out a lot, since magnesium is lost in sweat.

If you decide to get lab work done to verify that you have a low magnesium level, ask for RBC (red blood cell) magnesium level testing (red blood cells are also called erythrocytes). Do not under any circumstances pay for a "serum magnesium" (blood level) test, because that test is worthless ... only 1% of the human body's magnesium circulates in the bloodstream.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow... thanks I wouldn't of known that!

I appreciate all of this!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join