It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Topical Discussions on the Paranormal et al, or, a place for sci-fi writers to test new materia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well as i peruse through ATS topics, in my usual fashion of wanting to contribute to the ongoing discussions of wonderful and fantastic subjects, I am noticing more and more a deluge of almost ridiculous and certainly questionable posts by people of mostly the first person anecdotal type..such as, but certainly not limited to www.abovetopsecret.com... no offense to the original poster and i am certainly not singling him/her out.

To me, these anecdotal type posts insinuate a personality of the anti-social narcissistic variety,,,coupled with a touch of Baron Munchausen Syndrome, could be dangerous. I dont believe half of what i read here anymore and the posts are becoming more more unbelievable and bold in their claims.

Now i could be wrong of course! This could be just a place horror, fiction and sci-fi writers could come to ply their ideas and see what takes and what doesnt...that could be and that would be great if such posts were listed as fiction...but to pass these stories off as fact is appalling..whats more is the fact that SO MANY members believe what they read! This site would be a great litmus test for a governmental nefarious agency to test mind washing techniques and what have you.

Anyway, i dont mean to rant..but are there ANY other members who share my opinion? or am i alone in a sea of over imaginative creative writers?

i come here for genuine topical discussion and it saddens me to read 80% (maybe less) of the content here as BS.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No. This website isn't intended for people here to write sci-fi. Why are you here if you think that a lot of the stuff on this website is just made up?

new topics

join