It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8 Summit; Hated Leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hey everyone. It's that time of year again, where world leaders meet at the G8 summit.

I read an interesting statistic, that many of the G8 leaders have low approval ratings. Specifically, George Bush, Angela Merkel, and the Japanese leader all have approval ratings in the 20%'s. Why does not just America, but the whole world keep electing crappy leaders?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i've come to the conclusion that not only american people are blinded by bull# and propaganda...most people are...regardless of origin

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
that! or rigged elections somehow.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MahNameABorat
Hey everyone. It's that time of year again, where world leaders meet at the G8 summit.

I read an interesting statistic, that many of the G8 leaders have low approval ratings. Specifically, George Bush, Angela Merkel, and the Japanese leader all have approval ratings in the 20%'s. Why does not just America, but the whole world keep electing crappy leaders?

One answer would be that the people have no choice. We can only elect one of those who have been chosen for us. The other answer is that it doesn't matter who we vote for, the predestined puppet will be placed in office.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was going to start a new thread about the G8 Summit leaders with a link to an article in the UK's 'The Independent' newspaper, but maybe this thread is as good as any to do it in (rather than start a new one)

Headline reads

Over caviar and sea urchin, G8 leaders mull food crisis

Here's the link:

www.independent.co.uk...

I think the article, and the follow up comments, just about sum it all up

Mods... If this post should not be in this thread please accept my apologies and delete/move it as appropriate.

join