It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neocon Douglas J. Feith Makes Me Sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Just listening to this war-mongering POS try to justify his neocon-artist cabal actions and blame everyone else for the Iraq war fiasco is nothing short of disgusting.

Why would anyone believe this smug, bold-faced liar?

...Feith insists that Saddam still had WMD programs in place and the capability to resume production. He says even Rumsfeld conceded privately that the U.S. might not find any weapons of mass destruction on the ground. And he told the president so in a memo that outlined all of the things that could possibly go wrong.

Some call it, “the CYA Memo,” but Feith says that is a mischaracterization of the list. "I mean, it was very intense and very disturbing work to anticipate all the possible problems of a war."

Feith called the document "the Parade of Horribles," and printed many of them in his book, he says, to refute the perception that Secretary Rumsfeld and President Bush launched the war without considering or understanding the possible consequences.

Kroft summarizes some of them, including the possibility that the U.S. could become so absorbed with its Iraq effort that it would pay inadequate attention to other serious problems; that war could cause more harm and entail greater costs than expected; that it would not go on for two to four years, but eight to 10 years; that terrorist networks could improve their recruiting and fundraising as a result of the U.S. being depicted as anti-Muslim; that Iraq could experience ethnic strife among Kurds, Sunnis and Shia and that the war could damage America’s relationship with allies and its reputation in the world community.

Kroft asks Feith if perhaps one or two of these “horribles,” might happen. Feith responds, "One of the things that is reflected in this memo is Secretary Rumsfeld's deeply-held view that it's foolish to try to predict the future," says Feith.

"Well, as it turned out, he was pretty good at anticipating problems” Kroft responds, “because virtually all these things have happened."

"Well, in a broad sense,” Feith concedes. “A lot of these things happened. It was a very honest effort to assess what the downsides of war would be."

When Kroft follows up with, "You still recommended that it was the right thing to do." Feith explains, "We certainly understood that these are the things that might happen. That's why we wrote them down. And I do think that, when the president assessed the risks of leaving Saddam in power, you could have come up with quite a serious, troubling list of the risks involved in leaving Saddam in power."

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Feith is a "lower level Minion" - more so than most of the neocons...

When the War Crimes Trials come, I have not doubt his testimony will be quite entertaining, as he spills the beans and informs us of the various evils committed by his Comrades.

He will serve as an example, after his fair trial and conviction by a grand jury.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
These people have run the country for eight years...We CANNOT take a chance and let them have four more. It's important that we elect someone who will throw these thugs out and if possible try them for war crimes and treason. Barack Obama, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, I don't care who - Anything except John McCain and his neocon friends.

join