It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's uranium headed for Ontario processing plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Saddam\\

www.thestar.com

The yellowcake issue is one of the many troubling footnotes of the war for Washington.

A CIA officer, Valerie Plame, claimed her identity was leaked to journalists to retaliate against her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, who wrote that he had found no evidence to support assertions that Iraq tried to buy additional yellowcake from Niger.

A federal investigation led to the conviction of I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-7-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This story would seem to indicate that Saddam very likely was not trying to buy yellowcake in Africa, since he already had 500 tons of it. It is an interesting addition to the Saddam WMD story and the on going story of America in Iraq. And what do you know, that unassuming place, Canada, is involved too.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
As I remember it, the documents used as "proof" of the yellowcake purchase were proven forgeries, really bad ones at that. Investigation of the document history also seemed to bring up some of the old NeoCon names directly involved with the documents (if I remember correctly, Michael Ledeen was one).

So many twists and turns and so little real evidence. No wonder they have to keep manufacturing things to sell to us all to get support for their dirty little games and murderous intent.

join