It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianetics trying to make a resurgence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As I am sitting here surfing ATS and the web, comedy central is hosting a comic marathon. One particular commercial that I have not seen in many many years just popped and I had to immediately post on it.

I sit here half watching and listening and a commecial comes on with no words, only a blurring pan of what looked to be a large crowd of people. It pans outs and is replaced with a familiar exploding volcano. Then the words hit the screen....dianetics.org.

So, has the CoS not learned that most people are laughing at them and their insane spokesperson, Mr. Tom "I am the only one who can do anything about it" Cruise? Do they really expect people to believe that this book will help them? Perhaps they are stagnate and hoping that there are plenty who havent seen the antics and raves about their cult and will gain a surge of members.

I remember when Dianetics was the rage. L. Ron was put up as one of those all knowing cure all writers who had the cure for "everything". I almost read it, but didnt and am glad I didnt.

Basically, has anyone seen this commercialization starting back up again?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am starting to see the word "Dianetics" making a comeback.

I am also starting to see a decline of the word "Scientology."

I think the Church of Scientology is just trying to use a better form of advertising.

I'm sure this is right out of their marketing department.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have been noticing the new round of dianetics commercials and I have been wondering why. Maybe they are sick of hearing scientology only (or mostly) being associated with Tom Cruise?

*shrugs*

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've witnessed people go in for "stress tests" even after they've read pamphlets on the HUNDREDS of mysterious deaths surrounding Scientology.

They are trying to snap back from the mainly-bad publicity they have gotten since, when did this start....mid February I suppose.

I'm sure you all saw news reports in February or March about the global protests.
I'm also sure you haven't seen much on the news about it since then, DESPITE the fact that the protests are still going on.

A cult is a cult is a cult.
No matter how you say it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I hope that it never makes a comeback. I believe it to be very bad and I wouldn't read it even if given for free.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I bought the L. Ron Hubbard book on Dianetics when I was 17 - I read the first 150 pages and then shelved it. To this day I still cannot remember what I read and why.

Most importantly, from when I was 17 until I was 30, I received letters (handwritten) and telephone calls regarding my ''membership'' and that I had not been in contact in years.

I received one final conversation, albeit, from a lovely lady, in the last 3 - 4 years asking me why I had not 'joined the club' and I laid it out clear (yet polite) for her - please do not contact me again!!

Every letter over 13 years was hand written (2, 3, 4 or 5 per annum) - these people are extremely dedicated, and I almost joined on the final phone call, as above. I was born a Roman Catholic , however, i am not a true believer in the Catholic Church!! I wanted an alternative - but never took it through this approach!

It's your choice.

Breifne.

new topics

top topics

join