It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's that look like the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
UFO's that look like the moon? No wait it was just the moon!

With all the sightings lately, I wonder if this is a common mistake?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Control Room: 'South Wales Police, what's your emergency?'

Caller: 'It's not really. I just need to inform you that across the mountain there's a bright stationary object.'

Control room: 'Right.'

Caller: 'If you've got a couple of minutes, perhaps you could find out what it is? It's been there at least half an hour and it's still there.'

Control: 'It's been there for half an hour. Right. Is it actually on the mountain or in the sky?'

Caller: 'It's in the air.'

Control: 'I will send someone up there now to check it out.'

Caller: 'OK.' The mystery was soon solved, as the exchange between control and an officer sent to the scene makes clear.

Control: 'Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?'

Officer: 'Yes, it's the Moon. Over.'

A force spokesman said: 'It was 100 per cent legitimate, no hoax. It was a serious call from a member of the public.'

I'm not trying to knock "believers" but this guy was serious, I wonder how many people who report "sightings" are actually confusing UFO's with something natural like the moon?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well yeah I dunno what you'd have to be smoking to confuse the moon with anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi RR,

I posted this story yesterday thinking the event was real-time and finding out it was a new Moon (Meaning no moon visible).

However the report was back in May with no date to check the moon phase, So i guess it was just as reported.

Tho i find it very hard to believe anyone could mistake the moon for being anything other than what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I remember once I was a passenger on a flight that had a flightpath that took us over lake Michigan. While over the lake, I looked down and saw a large bright object that seemed to be moving the same speed and the same direction as the plane, but under the plane.

It took me about 3 minutes of looking (and wondering) to figure out what it was...it was the moon reflecting off of the lake below me. I looked up, and sure enough there was the Moon. I didn't notice the Moon in the sky at first because I had to cran my neck to look up that high.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Well yeah I dunno what you'd have to be smoking to confuse the moon with anything.

I wonder if the caller was actually serious. If he was it boggles the mind...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
When I was 6 years old my sister 7 and my brouther 8 were on a roof top when I nouiced the moon I have never seen the moon so close years later I asked my brother if he remembered the incident he replied that wasnt the moon that was a ufo.The memory is still there after 40 years I always look at the moon to this day and wonder why Its never as close as it was that night.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Are you serious, what kind of moron would say the moon is a UFO its certainly not even 0.0001% of sightings of unsual stuff in the sky. Are you working for the NSA debunking squad..thats worse than swamp gas............COME ON

Originally posted by RRconservative
UFO's that look like the moon? No wait it was just the moon!

With all the sightings lately, I wonder if this is a common mistake?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Control Room: 'South Wales Police, what's your emergency?'

Caller: 'It's not really. I just need to inform you that across the mountain there's a bright stationary object.'

Control room: 'Right.'

Caller: 'If you've got a couple of minutes, perhaps you could find out what it is? It's been there at least half an hour and it's still there.'

Control: 'It's been there for half an hour. Right. Is it actually on the mountain or in the sky?'

Caller: 'It's in the air.'

Control: 'I will send someone up there now to check it out.'

Caller: 'OK.' The mystery was soon solved, as the exchange between control and an officer sent to the scene makes clear.

Control: 'Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?'

Officer: 'Yes, it's the Moon. Over.'

A force spokesman said: 'It was 100 per cent legitimate, no hoax. It was a serious call from a member of the public.'

I'm not trying to knock "believers" but this guy was serious, I wonder how many people who report "sightings" are actually confusing UFO's with something natural like the moon?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wonder what date this all took place. If it was back in 1998, in was probably Mac Tonight, he was everywhere.

top topics

join