It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bonnie Blue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This was known as the Confederate Rebel flag 'Bonnie Blue'...

A little info on this one...

The first recorded use of the Bonnie Blue lone star flag dates to 1810. On September 11, 1810 a troop of West Florida dragoons set out for the provincial capitol at Baton Rouge under this Bonnie Blue flag. They were joined by other republican forces and captured Baton Rouge, imprisoned the Governor and on September 23, 1810 raised their Bonnie Blue flag over the Fort of Baton Rouge. Three days later the president of the West Florida Convention, signed a Declaration of Independence and the Bonnie Blue became the emblem of a new republic.

Just seems amazing to me that Americans were able to imprison a Governor.... I wonder why? A Governor they didn't agree with, or was this a power-grab? This flag feels almost like an inspiration to me, reading about what it represents.

The Confederate government did not adopt Bonnie Blue, but the people did and the lone star flags were adopted in some form in five of the southern States that adopted new flags in 1861. The lone star concept of the Bonnie Blue was twofold. Some states looked at it as a reversal of the US Flag Act of 1818, which is still in effect today. That allows a new star to be added to the flag the 4th of July following the admission of a new state to the Union. Hence, some states looked at single star flags, like the Bonnie Blue, as "taking their star out of the Union".

arebelflag.net...
Now if only a state had that kind of power today. If only we had the power and enthusiasm for America that was held in the past. To take back the country. As if it was ours, to begin with.

I wonder what America's past means to most people now? Were our forefathers simply insane to step out of line when their government went against them? Obviously we have a different mindset these days.

We The People knowingly vote criminals and liars into power. Some would even say that the power of the vote isn't ours anyway -- That we simply THINK we are given a choice(between one crook or another), or that our votes are not counted, or even tampered with via electronic voting machines.

What I am really curious about, is what happened to the true Americans who would defend their country to the end?
And at what point did the American mindset switch to a passive one that will simply sit and starve and feel sorry for themselves when their government pushes them into an economic depression, and keep them in a lifelong slavery to the Fed and corporate interests?

When did American citizens decide that THIS is the American Way?? And spit in the faces of our 'forefathers' and what they went through to keep government in line so that they could be free?

join