It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth Day laws 'worse than for APEC' (Pope's impending Aussie tour)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Youth Day laws 'worse than for APEC' (Pope's impending Aussie tour)

www.news.com.au

SPECIAL police powers brought in for World Youth Day are more severe than those introduced for last year's APEC summit in Sydney, the NSW Council for Civil Liberties says.

The powers, which Mr Blanks described as "secret" because they were imposed by Government regulation without going through Parliament and therefore without public scrutiny, would be challenged in court, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Screw the pope's visit. Who the hell does he think he is to subject us Aussies to friggin unfair laws to protect him??? If he's not happy with his security, then stay home living the lap of luxury!!!

There you go everyone, if you want to be treated more 'special' than anyone else on Earth, just dress silly and claim you're a religious cult leader.

This stuff sickens me when rights are stripped away for NOTHING!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am actually a bit peed off that taxpayers will foot the bill for this fiasco.

As a person with no religious persuasion I feel that all the Catholics should all make a donation when the 'plate' comes around and and pay for the privilege of having the Pope here.

It is a hindrance to most of us. I agree with you

res

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have to wonder why the Pope doesn't have enough faith in God to protect him, or why he can't accept the will of God. Also, I don't think we should be "playing God" by providing security for him. If Moses was able to part the seas and Jesus could walk on water, I'm sure the Pope can generate his own force field, or atleast return from the dead. It would make good television to see the Pope smiting bad guys with fireballs, and healing wounded civilians.

[edit on 3/7/08 by Cthulwho]

top topics

join