It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~To my Fellow Americans, a 4th of July Special~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Of course this is early, but I may not get a chance to get on line tomarrow, and say it. So to every American ATSer, God bless and;

Found some web sites and a great collection of history channel presentations, each only a few minutes long so this won't take alot of your time. In the first video, I enjoyed the reference to the "purely American custom", you'll see when you watch it. If you know me, you'll know why.

Fourth of July Video Gallery

From the Library of Congress:
Today in History: July 4
Primary Documents in American History

People who watched the popular movie "National Treasure" want to know. On the back, at the bottom, upside-down is simply written: "Original Declaration of Independence / dated 4th July 1776." Regarding the message on the back, according to the National Archives, "While no one knows for certain who wrote it, it is known that early in its life, the large parchment document was rolled up for storage. So, it is likely that the notation was added simply as a label." There are no hidden messages.
What's on the Back?

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Declaration

PBS presents:

Explore these sites to find out more about the Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution, the American flag and other important pieces of American history.
EXPLORE AMERICA'S PAST

Music Video link, just over 11 minutes:

This video was made several years ago. You may no longer support the war, but PLEASE support our troops while they are there and when they come home!
4th of July American History and 911

Take care tomarrow, and be safe.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thank you Advisor for the wellwishes, i am just going to look upon it this year as a day to go to friends house for a cookout, and NOT a celebration.

It is definatly NOT in my heart this year!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
All conspiracies aside:

Happy 04th July to ya all!!

Best wishes from us all in Ireland. Enjoy yer-selves.

Breifne.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
From New Zealand,
Have a break from the politics and enjoy the heck out of the day, wishing you a great day guys (it is already July 4th here!!)

Havalon

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do this every year somewhere. At home we play the 1812 overature through my Peevy guitar amp and make the neighborhood know.

Dang, I must be gettin' auld. That almos' gave me a tear in m'eye.

The 1812 Overture with 105mm cannon.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Happy 4th to you too Advisor!

Here's one for ya- I stumped my son with this one today;

How many other countries have a 4th of July?

(All of them.)

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies every one, and Happy 4th of July to all ATSers.
I hope every one has a great weekend, and may this month bring happeir times.

top topics

join