It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNUSUAL UFO PHOTOGRAPHED INSIDE FOREST PARK--February 28th, 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Notice the unusual shape of the craft. Could this be government made? Interesting indeed.

See it here

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is a good pic, mostly because it looks like the UFO is actually illuminating and "pushing" the clouds around it somehow. Very interesting effect going on around it. It even looks like its going diagonally up since the clouds look like they're being pushed in that direction. Also notice the orange lighting on the lower end of the illuminated area. That could be evidence that the UFO in question is using some type of very light intensive propulsion shooting it skywards. All evidence for this object actually being up in the air and not something closer to the ground.

Still this picture likely won't stop people from claiming it was a photoshop job. I don't see any photoshopping myself yet.

The only oddity I must comment on, besides the UFO, is that weird set of elliptical rings on the image. Is that broken glass that the picture was taken through? Thats the only thing I can think of that explains those weird rings to the left.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
agreed... weird rings. i would like to see an enlargment of the object too.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
interesting!

It could be just a bug of course, but the sky around it looks quite amazing

dz

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
that orangish glow to it's left.. that seems to me to be a glare off the windshield

if you look at the white around the ufo it encompasses those clouds, but that orange/yellowish part seems to just kinda be in a vertical line going down

nice catch either way

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by dz]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've contacted them for their full sized pic ( 11.2 mb ).

I hope the ATS email server can handle such big email.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Cool picture. I like how the ufo has that strange rainbow like aura around it

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'd just like to comment on the quality of the picture.

For being taken in a moving car, it is rather good. Also the camera obviously wasn't some piece of crap either, nice resolution on that shot. I wish more UFO pictures were of similar quality. Personaly I have a very inexpensive digital camera, photo camera (light/film), and 8mm video camera, all of which seem to produce quality images leagues above most the UFO pictures i see. One of the things that makes me skeptic of so many UFO shots is that they are taken with really poor quality equipment.

My video camera was only $200 US, and the digital zoom on it is so good what looked like dots from the naked eye could be see fine once zoomed in on. For example I could spot hangglider at 3 miles and a passanger airplane that must have been at about 10,000 feet. Both were just specs with the naked eye.

Anyways, in the case of this photo i'd have to say it just a good shot of something blurry.

That could be anything from a bird, to a jet, to an flying saucer.

I do think there is something to the UFO things, be it military or ET/EBE. I personaly don't think posting every picture of a blurry thing in the sky does much though for the credit of those interested in or investigating UFOs. So far only a few UFO event warrent true concern and credibility.

Phoenix
DC (1952)

And thats about it. There are a few others that are close to those two events though.

The way I see it, even if you do get a blurry shot of a UFO, unless there is great detail in the picture, it does nothing to further the cause of UFOology. If anything it just makes the general public ignore the other events more.

Phoenix was a great case of this. Thousands of people witnessed a craft flying over the city. Everything from clergy to police chiefs to the mayor reported not only lights but a huge craft moving over the city. But as soon as the powers that be had the mayor make an alien joke the whole thing died. It went from something real to "if you believe this you're crazy".

Anyone who cliams they can tell what that picture is of, well....

Don't get me wrong though, ATS is a great place to post anything. I'm just saying stuff like that is hardly something you should bother sharing with people outside of ATS or a UFO circle.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
those are cirrus clouds, which are great for producing that rainbow effect. it's just the sun refracting through the ice crystals. it's not a rare phenomenon, called a sundog. sometimes, they form in pairs, at oppoite spots in the sky. as for the ufo? i don't think it looks real. i don't buy it. nice photo though (except for the ufo).

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To me, the area looks too bright, if it was a reflection from a low sun then Id expect the higher clouds to be brighter too.

I think it is a photoshop job.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Looks like something on the windshield. Far-away objects are in-focus, so if the object is near the clouds (far away), it should also be in-focus. Since the object is blurry (all around, not because of motion), it's likely very close, and out-of-focus.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The bright colored image is a parhelion (sun dog) and I wouldn't call it a 'rare' occurrence. Perhaps it used to be a rarity before 'contrails' were so plentiful. In fact, I photographed a parhelion this morning that looks almost exactly like the one pictured in the link, clouds and everything. I couldn't believe my eyes when I clicked on the link. I don't believe mine had a 'ufo' in it, but I haven't uploaded it yet.

I've seen approximately 20 sun dogs in the last three months. How's that for a rarity?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Everybody is so quick to call this picture a sun dog when there is plainly something there in the center of the brightness. Now while its a nice prosaic explanation, why is there an object seemingly within the lighted area? I would sooner believe this to be a photoshop job rather than a sun dog simply because we have both a lighted area and some dark thing located within the same patch of sky.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
this is probably the best ufo pic ever. it's also the coolest! it could probably be a meteor or something. maybe a huge piece of space junk falling to earth. i don't know

p.s. you might wanna fix that crack on ur windshield. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
O! and by the way! i saw something similar to that only i knew that it was the sunlight reflecting off the clouds. yup. clouds can do that sometimes. it looks like as there's 1 big sun (the real one) and 1 small sun (the reflection). but i've never seen it with that thing in the middle.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why did this turn into having to explain the sun dog? Couldn't the sun dog be natural and the UFO be going past it? Maybe there is some kind of answer in the sun dog itself however. The answer we need should be looking is does the sun dog prove the UFO itself to be a fake. Not are sun dogs rare, is this sun dog caused by a UFO or is the sun dog fake, etc...

I think proving the UFO as a rare and actual occurrence should be the most important thing. Of course sightings of UFO's are rare but could this one be real? It's a cool pic, real or not. I wish I could be of help in proving it one way or another but thanks for posting it.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Nice unusual picture, but likely just a strange cloud. I've seen some unusual effects when there's multiple cloud layers in line with the angle of the sun and sometimes clouds cast shadows on other clouds making some even darker.

That said, it's always been my belief that if there are UFO's they would hide amongst clouds or even create their own cloud cover.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I've seen a couple sun dogs recently. Must be something in the air. Ice crystals, right?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I certainly think its a photoshop job. Its very easy to take a nice picture of something unusual in the sky (a sun dog perhaps) and then add a blotch of digital ink to make it look even more unusual - it could be a UFO! All you have to do is take the paintbrush (choose a 1 pixel diameter brush, or make your own custom brush) in photoshop (or an equivalent graphics package) and select any color you like, then turn the opacity down to 20%. Now, just make your own custom shaped blurry UFO and voila (maybe put some digital cloud cover over it to make it look like it is going into the clouds or disturbing them), and you get this somewhat okay job by me (using the same photo of course, and with the original "UFO"), lol: home.comcast.net...

I'll only believe a UFO photo to be real if it actually shows details of the object pictured and its not just some big blur like they all are.

[Edited on 3-9-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
"I'll only believe a UFO photo to be real if it actually shows details of the object pictured and its not just some big blur like they all are. "

Not really a good argument. Look at the Meier photos.

top topics

join