It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Premonitions - my own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My wife and I were discussing premonitions last night so I thought I'd share with ATS. The first I remember was a dream when I was around 10. I dreamed I got this large toy battleship for my birthday...that I ran around the corner with it catching the end on the wall and pulling it from my hands.
In the dream it fell and broke some of the lights off. A month or so later the exact thing down to what broke actually happened.

A second incident happened on a long drive. We stopped at Ramada Inn in Indianapolis. Something was strange about our room. It was like we were not supposed to stay. A feeling of dread/pressure both of us thought about a fire. We went and ate supper and decided just to finish driving on home even though we had paid for the room. Our room was bottum floor about where you see the smoke rising from.

A third time also a dream I saw our little church(single buidling) triple in size with brick and a large white cross on the new sanctuary front. Guess what about ten years later the center section was built. Bricks put on. Then a few years later the new sanctuary was built and a large white cross put on it.

www.waymarking.com...

Our stay was a couple years before the crash- maybe coincidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I personally never had these premonitions, but my mother has. Only not about herself.

She is a paranormal therapist so these things get discusses alot in our family. The latest weird thing she had was at a company party at my dads work. She went with him and had a couple of drinks. When she drinks her paranormal ability's start te become more powerful it seems.

So she was chatting with a colleague of my father and out of nowhere told him that he needed to watch his mother. The colleague asked why and my mother told him that his mother was going to die shortly. He was obviously not amused and said that my mother was nuts, because his mother was in very good health. So the following monday at work my father was ridiculed by his whole department. Comments like your wife is nuts, she needs to lay of the booze and such were made. The colleague whom my mother spoke to was laughing the hardest and told my father to keep his insane wife away from him in de future.

Boy was he in for a surprise. The next day he was teasing my father again and at that moment his phone rang. He was told to immediately come to the hospital as his mother suddenly had suffered some sort of ruptured artery in her neck. Needless to say his mother died the same day.

When he returned to work the next week he was white as a ghost and did not speak to my father for about a week. He apologised in the end but confessed to being scared to death of my mother since the incident.

I think in this case I cannot blame him...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
...When she drinks her paranormal ability's start te become more powerful it seems. ... He apologised in the end but confessed to being scared to death of my mother since the incident. ...

That is one of the things that people with true paranormal abilities know. Alcohol doesn't make it more powerfull, it just shuts down the "dampeners", and makes it easier to do. It is interesting to ask them how they cope with this while drinking. Myself, I cannot stand close to people and don't like to be touched when drinking, because their thoughts bleed over, and I can "hear" what they are thinking. (Yes, I realize this makes me sound crazy.
) What bleeds over most powerfully are very strong emotions, mostly traumatic ones. So you can see my reticence to be in close physical proximity to someone at that time. Most people who claim that they have very advanced paranormal abilities choose to avoid alcohol altogether.

The second thing is yes, people are fearful when such things are displayed to them. A person with paranormal abilities has had to contend with such things all their life. They either learn to make peace with it, or it drives them (literally) insane. The person, such as your father's boss, that has it thrust on them with no preparation, is in for quite a jolt. For those that half-believe, they have curiosity. For those that fully understand what just happened, they are fearful. They really get that something just happened that, according to everything they know, is just not possible.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Myself, I cannot stand close to people and don't like to be touched when drinking, because their thoughts bleed over, and I can "hear" what they are thinking. (Yes, I realize this makes me sound crazy.
)

No this does not sound crazy to me at all. Actually this sounds so familiar. My mother always touches people briefly when meeting them and I wondered what this was for. After I asked her she told me she connects with them through touch.

I myself only have problems on busses and such, because then I seem to pick up discomfort people in close proximity to me are experiencing. I can get severe headaches and/or feel really sick out of nowhere when somebody comes and sits next to me. When they leave the sickness just suddenly dissapears and I feel completely normal again. Very weird...

But thank you for the explanation. I have always closed myself off from these sort of things, but now that I'm getting somewhat older It is starting to interest me more and more.

Oh and to the OP, I didn't intend to hijack your thread sry.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow I sure hope I don't see one of my dreams come true.

(In these types of dreams, I'm at my parents' house - always.)

At my parents' house and go outside the front at night for something. I cannot remember. Next thing I know, multiple small nuclear explosions everywhere, one after another. Within my sight, I counted 8 in the immediate area, with most of them striking in the elementary school yard which was one city block away.

I hope that NEVER happens.

join