It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney 'Privately' Says He Prefers U.S. — Not Israel — To Strike Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Cheney 'Privately' Says He Prefers U.S. — Not Israel — To Strike Iran

thinkprogress.org

On MSNBC today, Andrea Mitchell asked Hersh if the U.S. was “planning military action” against Iran or “planning to support Israeli military action?”

...snip...

HERSH: If Israel goes — I’ll tell you what Cheney’s says privately, and whether or not you, how I know this is, — what he says privately is, “we can’t let Israel go because, first of all, they don’t have the firepower, we do. We have much more firepower. And secondly, if they go, we’ll be blamed anyway.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
To me it is clear. We are gonna get war. Whether Americans, Iranians or anyone else on this world likes it.

I know that the Israeli lobby (e.g. AIPAC) puts a lot of pressure on US politicians and most likely personal (financial) interests are involved as well, but is he really so brainwashed that he thinks he's doing good by doing this? Is he a Christian extremist?

Hope is lost.

It's just a matter of time till the Middle East is on fire again.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
OK aside from this article clearly not having been grammatically edited for content, it seems to me like Hersh is speculating on Cheney's thoughts rather than providing a first hand account of anything the veep actually said, privately or otherwise. Hersh did get one thing right when he said "what I think means nothing."

join