It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's scared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am curios, everyone keeps saying the gov. is feeding us information/misinformation to keep us scared, but who's scared and of what. I'm not scared. Maybe just maybe it's the media who wants to keep us scared and tuned in not the gov. Maybe it's my faith that God's will shall be done why i'm not scared. I do want to know though to understand. Who's scared, of what and why? Also those who are not scared why?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Im not scared? Why should i be? The threats that we hear about have always been there, they just havent been brought to light.

I dont think the gov is TRYING to scare anyone. I think that if something were to happen and they didnt alert anyone then everyone would be b!itching and complaing that the gov didnt warn us. Either way they are damned if they do, damned if they dont.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not scared either. My faith in God, as others have mentioned, plays a large part in my outlook on life. It does us no good to let fear rule us. We are told that the Son of Man will come when we least expect it.

I don't quite agree, however, that the govt does not want us to be afraid. I believe both major political parties use fear as a way to further their own agendas. If we are frightened enough, we will give up some of our rights which, let's face it, makes it easier for federal, state and local authorities to enforce laws.

I choose to live my life trying to enjoy every moment of time I have with my family. No matter what, we only have a finite time together. Wasting even a second of that time worrying about what evil lurks waiting to hurt us seems like a colossal waste of time to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is in a way answering my question though. I hear from most people in these forums saying "they" are using fear to make us sheep yet apparantly no one is afraid. Or maybe there to scared to say anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

All through out history governments have used fear to keep citizens in line.

Look at the average Joe. He is scared to even say lip balm in the airport because he is scared of getting hauled off into jail. Look at muslims, if I was to say look, there is a muslim in the mall, people would get scared internally. This was all brought on by the government.

By keeping us in fear, they can keep pushing their agenda so that we will allow them to bring it in under the sense that they are protecting us.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I believe muslums declaring a Jihad and attacking us is why people are scared of muslums. The Gov. creates laws that yes if not followed come with consequences, but we have always had laws. Back to the question though. Are you scared and if so of what?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Honestly, we wouldn't have terriosts if the US kept it's hands out of other countries.

Also, the recent laws that came about are all because of 9/11. A lot of people are not going to respond because we can already see how you feel about this subject. It's kind of like trying to tell Christians there is no God.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That to me is my point, no one is scared this just don't like the inconvienience of the new laws. The only people who should be nervous are middle eastern individuals. So what i'm saying is they can try to use fear but, no one can show how it has an affect.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The affect is that we allow these laws to come about with open arms, because we feel is will keep us safer. For us to feel safer because of something, we first have to be scared of that something.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I'm hearing why they would want to keep us in fear, i get that. But i'm just asking what affect on people it has or is having.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think on a day to day no effect, I will admit that. But, over time it has an effect. We have now been scared to question the government for fear of rendition. That I think is living proof. But, I don't think they have went as far as to have fear in us everyday.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I will agree on a long term effect to an extent because i do believe in out of site out of mind. I don't understand the fear to question the government though. The gov. has never been questioned more in any time of history. Look at this site for example. People talk of fear yet still freely type away. Heck i believe the membership is skyrocketing. So again it seems as if fear is mentioned, not acted on.

BTW: thank you for a civil conversation.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yes I agree, but we are a few in the scope of the whole world. I don't think everyone is in fear, just the regular American who doesn't question everything. But, I am not scared, and will question the government.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Most of the people who are scared are on ATS. Most everyone else is just living life and not spending time obsessing over every news artcile or black helicopter they see. Life is too short for all the paranoia.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I agree, personal opinion aside i love Glen Beck but can only do about a week every 2 months, its to much doom and gloom. Since no one has shared their fear though i'll tell you mine. And i felt this before the history channel show last night, chemical weapons over a city. We must be defending against it somehow but it seems so easy to pull off.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Who's scared, of what and why?

Anyone who argues for more of our rights to be stripped away, who argues for greater powers extended to the police-state, is afraid. Afraid of crime, afraid of terror, afraid of everything a "good citizen" is told to be afraid of, but none of the real dangers. Why? Because they are the sheep.

Also those who are not scared why?

I am not afraid. Nobody gets out of life alive. Though I am concerned that the fears of others are putting a damper on my fun while I'm here.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I believe muslums declaring a Jihad and attacking us is why people are scared of muslums.

Why aren't people afraid of poor people then? You are more likely to be the victim of a violent crime at the hands of a poor person.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So what i'm saying is they can try to use fear but, no one can show how it has an affect.

There have been plenty of threads where people listed freedoms that they no longer enjoy as the result of public fears, especially since 9/11.

Fear makes this possible...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

top topics

join