It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush may send more troops to Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Bush may send more troops to Afghanistan

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Wednesday he is weighing whether to send more troops to Afghanistan. Bush said it has been a "tough month" in Afghanistan, where more U.S. and NATO troops died during the past two months than in Iraq.

The president told a Rose Garden news conference that one reason for the rising deaths "is that our troops are taking the fight to a tough enemy ... of course there is going to be resistance." It has also been a "tough month for the Taliban," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So more of our troops are dying because we are TAKING THE FIGHT TO THE ENEMY!!! This guy should go down as the worst President in the U.S., his is a compulsive liar...what about if he said:

"Its been a tough month because...

-We took the eye of the ball when we invaded Irak

-We didnt press the enemy enough and allow them to regroup

-We gave billions of dollars to Pakistan to fight terror and they didnt do squat

-We underestimated the resilience of the enemy

- Me, my advisors and my generals dont have a clue...

Just pick one and stop underestimating the intelligence of the people...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Let send Bush and Cheney and the entire Bush Admin. to Afghanistan!

Listen Bush Admin,

You never rush into the battlefield. You never chase the enemy into their traps. You never force troops into the battlefield without an exit plan!

When you don't have an exit plan, the troops don't have something to look forward to, they don't have a goal!!! What is the goal for the middle east huh?? Oh that's right, you don't have a goal. That means the troops are going to loose their confidence because they don't have any goals to reach! How do you expect to win when there is no finish line?!?!!

It seems to me, the Bush admin and the advisers are old, they are aged, they have no reason to be commanding a military. They need to be put in a retirement home! Your time is up! Put some new guys with brains in your position! This is not the civil war! We don't line up in plain sight to get shot anymore, we are supposed to use intelligence!

Make the Taliban think they won, then get them when they are gathered up and celebrating. Do something smart!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I saw a video recently showing basically most of the top players in the administration were draft dodgers?

I doubt 'gungho' GW Bush is going to put himself in the line of fire anytime soon.

You would think after all the bloodshed he'd say 'enoughs enough' by now. I really can't fathom how he sleeps at night.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Bush just couldnt give a monkey about anyone but himself and daddy, hes not bothered just like our british goverment about the amount of soldiers that are dying for nothing.

instapunk.com...

top topics

join