It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 1st UFO encounter captured on video - SE Michigan 6-29-08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
On the night of June 29th I had my second UFO encounter. This time we were able to capture it on video. It was recorded with a cell phone camera, luckily it was a Sprint/Nextel hybrid phone which is rather new and has a 2.0mp ccd.

The encounter was actually very surprising. Me and two of my friends were driving home at almost 2:00am EST down one of the main roads in my county. This road actually heads north all the way from Toledo, Oh up through Detroit, Mi. All three of us were amazed when a cluster of four lights slowly hovered directly in front of our car. We pulled over to get a better look, at which point I tried to snap some photos with my cell phone. My freind also pulled out his cell phone which takes much better photos and videos.

The video he took is actually of a second set of four more lights in the sky that were following the same trajectory, which we had not noticed at first. The 1min 21second video he took shows the second four lights come in at what appeared to be a backwards and sort of crooked capitol L formation, but then they seem to move around and form a triangle of sorts.

The objects came from the west side of the road where there is nothing but a huge fenced in stone quarry and they were headed East toward Lake Erie. We were about 1-1.5 miles west of Lake Erie when this video was shot. In the small town where I live i wouldn't expect there to be any military aircraft flying over, so I think I can rule out the possibilty that these have anything to do with the Military, Flares or otherwise. My skeptikal freind in the backseat seemed to think that they were fireworks. I was the only passenger in the car who wasn't talking loudly, so you don't hear any of my remarks.

The first set of four lights dissapeared behind some trees that were behind the building which is in the video. That is when we looked back to the road and noticed the second set of lights following them. This is when we started recording.

The footage itself isn't all that amazing, but the encounter itself was pretty amazing to me. I am a believer in UFOs and ETs, but am also very skeptical of alot of the videos and photos taken. I am also skeptical that these are ET in origin, although i would like to believe they are.

Any comments would be appreciated, and I am willing to answer any questions any of you might have. I know I will probably get the typical "chineese lantern" or "military flare" explanation. But hey i just wanted to share with the ATS community my first videoed UFO encounter. I have actually seen another UFO of a differnt type before, but in all the excitement I thought I was recording it on my video camera, but I was really just looking at it through the viewfinder because I forgot to hit record.

BTW this video is NSFW due to some bad language (unless you turn the volume down)

I look forward to your remarks.

www....(nolink)/?jmlt3mxeszx

EDIT: The video is in .3GP format which is a Quicktime Movie format.I couldn't find a program that would convert it to another file type without messing up the video or proccessing the audio correctly. So therefore I just uploaded the origanal video to mediafire for ATS members to download.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Esotericist]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your post I am assuming you mean it is not that spectacular footage because you dont see craft land or beam up cows and people? I can already see the responses to this vid its too dark, there are no points of refrence etc. I say well done. I do have a few questions for you though.
It appeared from the video the lights started in almost a big dipper formation and than seemed to tighten into a box formation and than back into a linear formation is this correct? Also I see that toward the end of the video that you include the house as a refrence point and it appears that this was all shot from inside the car. Were the windows down? Last question as I dont have audio here at work could you detect any sound coming from them? Again thanks for sharing that.

edit for fat fingers

[edit on 2-7-2008 by drift393]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well I cannot afford to go clicking around on your link, could you please get some help to bring it up without all the confusing spam?

I did not see the video just a bunch of places to click here...

Would love to see your vid, help?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The video file you linked to is called "080629_013802.3gp".

While I know it is a mobile phone video format, I have never ever seen a video in that format and unfortunately , I will not download this (possible virus) file to my computer based on the random claims of someone on the internet.

Use Youtube.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Get ready for the lantern theorists!

"Chinese lanterns I say"

Interstellar Chinese lanterns I presume

Far out!

Great vid!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
drift393... The video was actually shot outside of the vehicle. We had the cell phone sticking up through the moonroof. And yes they did appear as a sort of backwards crooked capitol letter L, but then the object all the way to the left on the bottom of this backwards L seems to speed up and sort of lead the 3 objects left behind. At this point the the object on the bottom right seemed to change its position from bottom left to upper right, in what looked like a manuever where it raised its attitude while moving from right to left at about a 45 degree angle. So now we have one object sort of leading the pack and 3 more behind it which have changed formation to now appear to look like a backwards triagle. The thing is this is same manuever that the first 4 objects that passed by us did, which we didn't record (because we had slowed down to like 10mph causing the cars following behind us to honk their horns while we were in a stupor.) We then made the left hand turn into the parking lot of this house that like functions as a business. We parked right in front of a pole with a yellow "No Tresspassing" sign. We pulled into this spot observing the first four objects when my friend looked back to the road and noticed the second four following. Althogether we seen the 2 sets of objects for about 2min 15 seconds.

antar.... just click that link and if you get any popups just close them. then you will be on the mediafire link where you will see the words "click here to start download" do that

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
The video file you linked to is called "080629_013802.3gp".

While I know it is a mobile phone video format, I have never ever seen a video in that format and unfortunately , I will not download this (possible virus) file to my computer based on the random claims of someone on the internet.

Use Youtube.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Tiloke]

I cannot find a program to convert the file from .3GP format correctly. There are however tons of programs that can convert any type of video to .3GP so people can put videos on their mobile phones.

I did upload the orginal .3GP format to youtube. It basically totally distored the audio to some squelches so you couldn't hear our voices and it didn't even show the whole clip. I have been trying to convert the video so I can post it on Youtube but havne't succsessfully done so. If I do i'll post the Youtube link here.

Just download the .3GP file. Its just a Quicktime Movie format that is an MP4 stream. You yourself said you know its a mobile phone format.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Esotericist]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks For your replys there. How about sound did you hear anything from the formation? Always think its funny how people say need raw unaltered footage. You post raw unedited footage and some people say compress and convert it. Guess you cant please everyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No we didn't notice any sound. It was very exciting though. It was as if the UFOs flew directly in front of our vehicle as if they wanted US to see them. There were three of us in the vehicle and two of us are what I suppose you would call believers. The third passenger has only recently been pondering UFOs and Aliens and the NWO and such, mainly due to exposure to him of the many videos I have on the subject. I like the ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance" and I try to open peoples minds to subjects they might be ignorant to. This is hard to do when most people would rather be entertained than learn. Probably becuase they are happy not questioning their existence, you know, asking the harder questions in life. I have been presenting what I believe to be good beginner DVDs and such to him to actually get him to open his mind to the bigger picture. Before the encounter he was already suggesting to me that show I him more and more films on different Esoteric subjects. I'm a bit curious to question him a more now after our experience, But haven't had a good chance to strain his brain yet.

Also i have been wondering if the stone quarry i had mentioned in my first post might serve as some significance in this matter. As a youth I had always stirred up a bit of a ruckus. Riding my bike around town and exploring different interesting places and such. There is actually another Stone Quarry not less that 2 miles from where our incident occured, and this I know to be a stone quarry because it used to be functional and I had been down in it. It has since been filled with rain water. And even though its fenced people still can find a way in to take a dip in the water. But the Stone Quarry that these objects flew over right before they flew directly in front of our car, I had never expored. It it basically a huge hill surrounded by a really tall fence. It almost appears to be an impact crater.It has Radio towers or something like that directly behind it. Its a rather "Locked Down" Stone Quarry , and now that I think about it I've never heard of anyone actualy buying stone, or even entering the place. I don't even know anyone who has actually ventured up the hill and got a peek at what was inside. On one or two occasions though, I have heard what I thought were dynamite explosions coming from this crater like quarry. Who knows, maybe its a corporate owned private quarry, or maybe its something else altogther. Now i'm curious and wish I could get a better look. I don't know, I just thought it might be something to consider.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
For those wanting to watch it....I have downloaded it and its "clean".

For those who dont have the proper player for this video or any others that get posted.....You can go here and download a free player VLC MEDIA PLAYER and watch many video formats.

I have watched it and really have no idea what it is. I just wanted to give others this info

[edit on 2-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
For those wanting to watch it....I have downloaded it and its "clean"

Thank You greeneyedleo and also everyone else who has taken the time to download my video. Also thanks for clearing up that the video is not a virus or anything of the sort, just raw unedited footage taken from a fairly decent resolution cell phone camera.

Also since its a Quicktime format you can click and drag the window so you can enlarge the video and see the objects more clearly.

new topics

top topics

join